Coordinator, Office of the Dean
American Film InstituteLos Angeles, CA
Don't worry we have a lot of jobs on the site like this one;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Administrative Category
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Film Festivals Category
Search for Coordinator, Office of the Dean jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Coordinator, Office of the Dean postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Coordinator, Office of the Dean? AMERICAN FILM INSTITUTE
POSITION: Coordinator, Office of the Dean (Temporary)
DEPARTMENT: AFI Conservatory
LOCATION: Los Angeles Campus
The Coordinator, Office of the Dean, AFI Conservatory is responsible for all administrative matters pertaining to the Dean's Office, with sensitivity to the issues of accuracy and confidentiality.
• Support the administrative needs of the Dean's Office including answering phones, maintaining the Dean's calendar and contacts, arranging logistics for guests visiting campus, drafting correspondence, and reviewing and distributing materials. This includes basic project management functions.
• Assist with the flow of communications and materials in the Dean's Office across all AFI Conservatory Departments including standing meetings, committee meeting dates, and necessary information regarding policy discussions.
• Liaise with Fellows who request to meet with the Dean to determine reason for the request determine the appropriate person to field the Fellow's request (Dean, Vice Dean, Discipline Head, etc.) and then set the meeting as appropriate.
• Spearhead transition for newly hired Conservatory faculty and staff.
• Communicate policies for efficient workflow through the Dean's Office to other AFI Conservatory and Institute departments.
• Coordinate the Dean's schedule and travel arrangements; ensuring meetings and events are scheduled, notated, and appointments confirmed.
• Update and disseminate the AFI Conservatory calendar, as appropriate.
• Prepare Travel Request and Authorization, Expense and Reimbursement reports, order and maintain office supplies, subscriptions, purchase orders, and maintain department files.
• Respond in an informed, positive, customer-service related attitude towards all guests to the Dean's Office.
• Liaise with the IT team to update and maintain the Dean's computer, troubleshoot email and/or phone issues.
• Works with the Communications team to review/prepare materials for the Dean's approval (e.g., creative materials, press releases, Save the Date emails, announcements, etc.).
• Assist and contribute in the coordination of all aspects of conferences, meetings and events, including recording minutes and generating post-event wrap reports.
• Maintain hardcopy and digital files of meeting materials and presentations.
• Interact with Fellows and Alumni to set talking points for meetings with the Dean.
• Prepare background materials on all HLMS, seminar and AFIC guests.
• Liaise with Fellow Affairs regarding Fellow attendance, invite list and RSVPs for Dean's weekly meetings with Fellows.
• Prepare background materials on Fellows scheduled to meet with the Dean
• Order and maintain pantry supplies (e.g., coffee, cream, paper goods, etc.) and provide light housekeeping as needed.
• Review faculty timesheets and Reimbursement Summaries for the Dean's approval.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Minimum three years experience as an Administrative or Executive Assistant performing a broad spectrum of core office functions for a senior-level executive.
• Exceptionally detail oriented with the proven ability to handle numerous tasks with appropriate follow-up and reporting activities while not losing sight of the big picture.
• Can work independently while being an integral member of a high-functioning team.
• Proven project management skills with the ability to take a project from conception through completion with minimal supervision.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex concepts and procedures in simplistic terms.
• Strong time management, organizational, and multi-tasking skills coupled with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
• Strong diplomacy skills and consistent professionalism are mandatory; this includes the ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion at all times.
• Possess a positive and professional attitude with the ability to work as a member of a high-energy, results-oriented team.
• Excellent computer skills with strong knowledge in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint, as well as Apple Keynote, using the Macintosh platform; knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Premier a plus.
• Capacity to thrive in the exciting, ambitious, future-oriented environment of a world-class institution and to respond effectively to changing needs and priorities.
• Ability to work calmly under pressure.
• Personal integrity and the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
The Coordinator, Office of the Dean, AFI Conservatory performs all duties and responsibilities under the guidance and supervision of the Dean, AFI Conservatory