Coordinator - Communications
American Film InstituteLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
AMERICAN FILM INSTITUTE
POSITION: Coordinator, Communications
DEPARTMENT: Marketing and Communications
LOCATION: Los Angeles Campus
The Coordinator, Communications is responsible for supporting external and internal communications efforts in the 'voice' of AFI that upholds and furthers the mission, vision and values of the organization. By working closely with the Chief Communications Officer, the Coordinator supports AFI's objectives through all aspects of public relations for the Institute and all its programs.
• Research and assemble pertinent information, and draft press release materials.
• Copy edits, fact check and proofread all marketing communications materials for accuracy.
• Coordinate and maintain press announcement schedule and archives.
• Maintain an accurate and current media database.
• Assist the Marketing and Communications team to ensure the fulfillment of media relations and consistency of message in print, online and in visual materials related to specific projects, announcements and special events.
• Distribute press announcements to strategic selection of media contacts and other AFI audiences (e.g. Insiders, members, alumni, Fellows, staff etc.) as determined by the CCO using AFI systems.
• At the direction of the CCO, conduct follow-up telephone calls and emails to determine interest in coverage.
• Answer press inquiries and serve as back-up media contact as instructed by the CCO.
• Maintain accurate and timely online pressroom on AFI.com, AFIDOCS.com and AFIFEST.com.
• Track and report coverage with highlights, impressions, ad values, sample clips and full listings of all coverage.
• Manage and coordinate fulfillment of Barter Agreements with media outlets.
• Support all aspects of special event PR including distribution of press invitations, credentialing, red carpet coordination, coverage requests, check-in and coordination of interviews/photos/video on-site.
• Coordinate flow of communications and materials in the Marketing and Communications department, including answering phones for the CCO, drafting correspondence, reviewing materials, distribution of mail and approvals as well as managing calendars.
• Manage operational functions in the CCO's office, including expense reports, supplies, subscriptions, and department files.
• Process and track purchase orders and reconcile monthly budget and expense reports.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Minimum four years of public relations/publicity/communications experience.
• Knowledge of national media, film industry, arts, entertainment and nonprofit sectors desired.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills including strong grammatical and proofreading abilities, with the ability to convey complex concepts and procedures in simplistic terms.
• Exceptionally detail-oriented with proven ability to handle numerous tasks with appropriate follow-up and reporting activities.
• Proven project management skills with the ability to take a project from conception through completion with minimal supervision.
• Strong time management, organizational and multi-tasking skills coupled with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
• A strong team player comfortable collaborating and offering constructive feedback. Successfully able to collaborate with all departments/levels of the organization and third parties in a highly professional manner.
• Possess a positive and professional attitude with the ability to work as a member of a high-energy, results oriented team.
• Strong diplomacy skills and professionalism are mandatory; this includes the ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion at all times.
• Excellent Internet research and computer skills - with strong knowledge in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Ability to work calmly under pressure and tight deadlines.
• Personal integrity and the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
The Coordinator, Communications performs all the duties and responsibilities under the guidance and supervision of the Chief Communications Officer.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online