American Film InstituteLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
AMERICAN FILM INSTITUTE
POSITION: Communications Coordinator (Temporary)
DEPARTMENT: Marketing and Communications
LOCATION: Los Angeles Campus
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for supporting external and internal communications efforts in the 'voice' of AFI that upholds and furthers the mission, vision and values of the organization. By working closely with the Communications Strategist, the Coordinator supports AFI's objectives through all aspects of public relations for the Institute and all its programs.
• Coordinate flow of communications and materials in the Marketing and Communications department, including answering phones, drafting correspondence, reviewing materials, distribution of mail and approvals as well as managing calendars.
• Manage operational functions in the Marketing and Communications office, including expense reports, supplies, subscriptions, and department files.
• Process and track purchase orders and reconcile monthly budget and expense reports.
• Research information for draft press release materials.
• Copy edits, fact check and proofread marketing communications materials for accuracy.
• Maintain press announcement schedule and archives.
• Maintain an accurate and current media database.
• Maintain accurate online pressroom on AFI.com, AFIDOCS.com and AFIFEST.com.
• Support all aspects of special event PR including distribution of press invitations, credentialing and check-in.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Public relations/marketing/communications experience, preferred.
• Knowledge of national media, film industry, arts, entertainment and nonprofit sectors desired.
• Oral and written communication skills including grammatical and proofreading abilities,.
• Ability to handle numerous tasks with appropriate follow-up and reporting activities.
• Possess a positive and professional attitude with the ability to work as a member of a high-energy, results oriented team.
• Internet research and computer skills - with strong knowledge in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and media monitoring services.
The Communications Coordinator performs all the duties and responsibilities under the guidance and supervision of the Communications Strategist.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online