Sr UX Designer
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
We're looking for an entrepreneurial, results-oriented Senior User Experience Designer to create new mobile and web experiences designed to grow IMDbPro's audience and help our customers advance their careers. You will own and drive UX and visual design from concept to creation, working closely with research, product management, developers, and IMDbPro's leadership. You are comfortable exploring and translating ambiguous business requirements and concepts into visual design specifications for development and implementation. You are able to make data-driven design decisions that have a positive impact on both customer satisfaction and business KPIs.
The most successful candidate in this role will be able to use both their UX and visual design skill-set to create an engaging and easy-to-use experience for customers.? The ideal candidate is comfortable thinking big, envisioning design solutions across multiple platforms, and diving deep to explore all possible paths in order to deliver engaging customer experiences.
• Create user-centered designs that incorporate business requirements, customer research findings and user behavior metrics
• Design conceptual wireframes, high-fidelity mockups, user flows, UI designs, prototypes, finished comps and interaction specifications
• Present design work to multiple teams and senior leadership for review and feedback
• Influence product and engineering teams to maintain a high UX bar
• Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications and design patterns
• Design app and web experiences that measurably improve the experience and grow the business
• Absolute minimum of 6 years of experience as a user experience designer, mobile/app/web designer, UI designer or interaction designer
• Bachelor's degree in human-computer interaction, design, or equivalent degree or professional experience
• An online portfolio of work demonstrating experience creating user-centered design solutions that are data-driven and have an impact on business KPIs
• Fluency in best practices for mobile and web-based information architecture and design, as well as strong knowledge of usability principles and techniques
• Ability to drive the design review cycle and have a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
• Experience working in a collaborative team environment with product managers and developers
• Proficiency in UX/UI design and prototyping tools, especially Sketch
• Proven track record presenting to and influencing people, from other designers to senior executives
• Experience with subscription-based or paid products is a big plus
• Experience designing for B2B software or information products
• Proficiency with web and accessibility standards
• Familiarity with front-end code and concepts
• Enjoy learning new design tools to keep abreast of the state of the art of design technology
IMDb is the world's most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV, and celebrity content, reaching an audience of more than 250 million unique visitors per month. IMDb's Professional Services team (IMDbPro) is transforming the business of entertainment. Our widely used products help entertainment industry professionals easily find the information they need to excel at their jobs, manage their professional presence online, discover talented filmmakers, and promote their films to a worldwide audience.
IMDbPro sits at the intersection of entertainment and technology inside the world's most innovative and consumer-centric company: Amazon. IMDbPro employees enjoy the benefits of working for Amazon with the autonomy of working on an independent, nimble team. It's a fun and fast paced environment with exposure to working across Amazon businesses on a global scale.