Sr. Business Development Manager - AWS Thinkbox
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the pioneer and recognized leader in Cloud Computing. Our web services provide a platform for IT infrastructure in-the-cloud that is used by hundreds of thousands of developers and businesses around the world. These customers range from start-ups to leading web companies to Global 500 companies in financial services, pharmaceuticals, and technology. An important function within the AWS organization is Platform Business Development, which is a global function centered around market development for new web services and market expansion for existing web services.
AWS Platform Business Development is seeking a Business Development Manager (BDM) to support our Thinkbox business. This business support major customers in the Media & Entertainment industry and their ability to run intensive workloads related to rendering and beyond. The BDM will be responsible for defining, building and deploying effective and targeted programs to accelerate broad based sales and business development activities for M&E workloads on AWS. The BDM will facilitate the enablement of business development, sales and solution architecture with specific customer centric value propositions and will directly interface with product management and development teams regarding customer and partner requirements for rendering, simulation, and other M&E content creation workloads. The BDM will work closely with AWS business development, sales, marketing and partner teams to position Thinkbox product offerings for customers and partners, and provide guidance on the value proposition and benefit those customers and partners can achieve with our services, platforms, frameworks and infrastructure for rendering and other M&E computation-heavy workloads.
The BDM will work with business development, sales and solution architect teams to track, prioritize and close customer engagements that would benefit from running on AWS Spot instances with Thinkbox Deadline, and collaborate and coordinate cross-functional teams around these engagements where appropriate.
The ideal candidate will possess a business and technology background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels of large Enterprises and Enterprise partners. The candidate will have the technical depth and business experience to easily communicate the benefits of cloud rendering at scale and the tangential benefits of the broader AWS service ecosystem to IT architects, engineering teams, and C-Level executives. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of complex global businesses. The ideal candidate will also be deeply familiar with complex legacy on-premise IT environments, managed enterprise IT infrastructure services, Enterprise applications, and has done market analysis, initial scopes of work, business operations, and has a background that enables them to create scalable programs that apply holistic approaches to selling to Enterprises and Enterprise Partners.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Defines, builds and deploys enterprise focused sales and business development campaigns around Thinkbox and AWS Spot workloads through Deadline;
• Engages, supports and scales business development and sales teams across AWS to be capable of delivering the Thinkbox and EC2 Spot burst rendering value proposition to enterprise customers and partners;
• Exhibits proactive ability and expertise in setting customer discussions via AWS sales and partner teams;
• Exhibits expertise and drives field and partner readiness for enterprise customers;
• Engages in senior level customer meetings to discuss customer's business issues and explores how Thinkbox product offerings can help address and resolve these issues;
• Serves as an evangelist for Thinkbox and AWS Spot within AWS, and externally;
• Develops a standard market intelligence framework and dynamic analytic model to be utilized by the AWS Sales, Business Development and marketing teams;
• Bring the various stakeholders together to help build collective mindshare in driving near/long-term product development for Thinkbox;
• Establish ways to measure and track metrics related to adoption of the Thinkbox and AWS EC2 Spot rendering workloads, and to make improvements to the approach based on those measurements;
• Prepare and give business reviews to the senior management team regarding progress and metrics.
• Must be analytical, and possess substantial of experience working with Enterprise-level customers in a BD, Sales, or Professional Services management role
• Solid enterprise negotiation skills, and business and financial acumen;
• Experience in the Media & Entertainment industry (VFX, animation, games, and/or AR/VR)
• Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business;
• Experience with, and detailed knowledge of managed services market and insights related to cloud computing and IT;
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key
• Progressive experience with business development, enterprise account management, strategic partnerships, software development and/or program/product management experience;
• Experience managing to Fortune 1000 and/or Global 2000 accounts;
• Experience with cloud computing and/or related fields (IT, software, etc)
• Experience with machine learning and deep learning software platforms.
• MBA / MS or equivalent relevant business experience.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.