Senior Financial Analyst - Originals Marketing
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
We are looking for a Sr. Financial Analyst to play a critical role in Prime Video, as the finance partner for our Amazon Originals TV Marketing team. This position requires the ability to work cross-functionally and develop new solutions as the business continues to grow. The right individual will have exceptional finance skills, strong understanding of Finance & Accounting principles, solid analytical skills, firm business judgment capable of driving an organization to the right results, and strong business partnership.
This is a perfect fit for someone who knows how to work fast and smart. Who is comfortable with the ambiguity and complexity of creative teams. You know how to avoid sticky predicaments, and you are good about avoiding the mess, sooner rather than later. You know how to find details that make all the difference, and which ones don't add value. You know the difference between spending time wisely and wasting time.
• Work directly with the marketing team to deliver cost-effective marketing campaigns
• Drive cost-out initiatives as well as facilitate execution of big innovative ideas
• Quarterly, Annual and ad-hoc budget planning and forecasting
• Supporting the design, implementation and maintenance of systems that lead to increased controllership around marketing spend
BA/BS Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, Engineering or similar discipline with analytical bias and a minimum 5 years of finance experience, OR master's degree and 3 years of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• MBA or Masters in quantitative field
• Prior experience in media/entertainment, tech, or investment banking is preferred
• Demonstrated financial and/or analytical experience including familiarity with concepts of forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis, and/or data interpretation and analysis
• Solid experience demonstrating problem solving and root cause analysis
• Highly analytical, detail oriented and a demonstrated strong sense of business management; proven ability to develop new ideas and ability to deliver solutions
• Ability to meet tight deadlines, prioritize workload and achieve effective results in a fast-paced, dynamic, ever-growing and often ambiguous environment; effective multi-tasking skills are vital
• Demonstrated effective communication and presentation skills working with peers and various levels of management
• Experience working with large-scale data mining and reporting tools (i.e. SQL, MSAccess, Essbase and/or Cognos)
• Adept in excel (beyond basic sumifs, vlookup)
• Willingness to pickup new reporting tools quickly if not already familiar with them
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.