Senior Creative Director
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Creative Director Social Content, Prime Video
The Amazon Prime Video Originals Marketing team is looking for a Senior Creative Director to lead a cross-functional creative team to develop social content in support of our original series and Prime Video brand.
The ideal candidate will have a natural passion for entertainment, a deep understanding of popular culture, and a proven background in spotting and shepherding great storytelling within the social media space. Day-to-day this person will drive Prime Video and new customer engagement by tapping into topical conversations across social channels by utilizing creative elements from our Prime Original series, 3p Content and Channels offerings.
This critical position requires a creative leader with a strong ownership ethic who can inspire her or his team to continuously deliver new ideas while setting creative direction and standards that align with our vision for the Prime Video brand.
This candidate will need to be scrappy and have a startup mentality, working with agencies, freelance and internal talent to develop and execute daily social content, customer response posts, brand projects and events and storytelling that elevates our unique stars and series.
• Effectively and efficiently manage the development, production and distribution of static, motion and video assets that drive meaningful engagement across social channels
• Partner closely with social media marketing and brand managers to deliver fast-response social content that builds buzz within a newsroom type of environment
• Successfully advocate for social creative content best practices specific to social media channels and help peers and stakeholders understand how social media creative differs from creative that live in traditional media channels
• Lead in the creation of digital marketing collateral (text, graphics, blogs, videos, ads, etc.) that specifically spark conversations, tell stories, and build 1:1 virtual relationships with our customers in support of our original content and talent
• Partner with brand strategists to elevate marketing plans with exceptional creative execution that is delivered on-time, on budget and on message.
• Build and lead a cross-functional team (editorial, creative, production) able to autonomously write, shoot, design and produce, and deliver high-quality social content at internet speed
• Effectively manage balance between in-house and out of house resources including budgets and operational strategies
• Develop and manage relationships with out-of-house agencies and production companies.
• Build and maintain positive relationships across Amazon and leverage those relationships to develop assets that benefit all partners involved
• Obsess over data and understand campaign metrics to set best practices and continuously improve campaigns, brand awareness, and overall engagement and conversion
• • 10 years minimum experience in-house brand or agency experience leading diverse teams to drive and execute messaging and content across multiple social channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, YouTube, etc.)
• Broad background in developing and implementing brand voice guidelines for specific platforms and audiences, and the ability to confidently create, evaluate, and update when necessary to achieve Brand objectives.
• In-depth knowledge of all steps required in the creative development process. This includes effectively and efficiently staffing a new team and providing clear communication and creative direction.
• The ability to successfully develop and maintain creative content calendars that are integrated within the needs of marketing, publicity, paid social and community engagement.
• Strong bias for action and willingness to roll up sleeves and get things done.
• Great communication, documentation and presentation skills.
• Able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, readily adapting to continually changing priorities, nuanced feedback, and aggressive project time frames
• • Experience in a news-room type environment, with the ability to think on your feet when new and topical subjects arise that fit into the editorial flow and channel strategy.
• Solid content development and management experience, including the ability to optimize all forms of digital collateral to achieve strategic objectives and establish a competitive edge.
• A track record of delivering major cross-channel campaigns and developing a communications platform.
• Experience of managing social and community communications that drive measurable results.
• Editorial and or Journalism experience a plus.
• Digital design experience a plus.