Senior Corporate Counsel
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Senior Corporate Counsel, AWS Sales & Marketing
Amazon's Legal Department is looking for a talented commercial attorney to support Amazon Web Services, a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon.com. Amazon Web Services is at the forefront of the cloud computing and service industry providing IT infrastructure services such as on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, database services, and more.
This Senior Corporate Counsel will primarily support AWS's sales and marketing teams in the U.S. and Latin America, negotiating strategic, enterprise and technology licensing agreements and assisting with marketing initiatives and global expansion. The successful candidate will be responsible for drafting, negotiating and advising on strategic technology service and licensing agreements with enterprise customers and partners, providing legal support for local and regional marketing initiatives, and advising senior management and other business teams. Typical transactions will range from standard contracts to complex, high-dollar-value strategic agreements. The role includes participating in other Amazon.com legal projects, including managing legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries. Some travel, domestic and international, will be required.
The successful candidate must be inquisitive, enthusiastic about technology, enjoy working hard and being continually challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations. Compensation will be based on experience and includes equity compensation.
• JD and admitted to at least 1 state bar
• 10 years of legal experience
• Strong transactional background, with solid drafting and negotiations skills
• Familiarity with IT/technology transactions or enterprise sales transactions
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills
• In house experience at a technology company or in a private practice technology group
• A background in web services/cloud computing, software licensing (including open source), or telecommunications is a plus
• Experience managing people and developing high-performing attorneys and legal professionals
• Portuguese and/or Spanish language skills (speaking and writing) is a plus
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation