Senior Consultant, CX / UX Design
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides elastic, on-demand infrastructure and application services that allow customers to innovate rapidly and bring new, compelling digital products to market more quickly. AWS Professional Services consultants work with our customers to get the most out of the platform and to learn how to iterate and innovate to build next-generation user experiences. If you want to work on some of the world's biggest design challenges to help invent the future of digital interaction, join our team.
AWS Professional Services is seeking a talented and passionate Senior Customer Experience/User Experience (CX/UX) Design Consultant to join our growing innovation and product design consulting team. This Senior CX/UX Design Consultant will have a significant impact on our customers' businesses as they help to build innovative designs and coach our customers to integrate design thinking into their processes and culture. This Design Consultant will be expected to be a thought leader within AWS Professional Services, and to mentor other designers at our customers and consulting partners.
Throughout the product development lifecycle, the Senior CX/UX Design Consultant will work collaboratively with a strong design team, engineers, product managers and executives. They will deliver tangible solutions using lean principles, iterative agile development, multi-functional teams and lightweight development concepts like microservices on the cloud. The role of an CX/UX Design Consultant will apply these methods to assemble and deliver user-friendly solutions for the world's leading clients.
Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset, constantly challenge the norm and look for better solutions? Do you have a Lean startup mentality with a good imagination and startup commercial acumen? Are you passionate about technology, understand digital architectures & platforms and quick to pick up emerging technologies? Have you built a reputation for innovation, using design, across the full user experience, creatively to solve business problems? Do you naturally build strong relationships with colleagues and work collaboratively to bring solutions to the market? If so, AWS Professional Services is looking for you!
• Analyze user interface problems and create design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements
• Quickly yet thoroughly create process flows, wireframes, and visual design mockups as needed to effectively conceptualize and communicate detailed interaction behaviors
• Work closely with product teams to develop business requirements, use cases, and high-level customer experience requirements
• Design UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of new web and mobile applications
• Direct the visual design of web, mobile, voice, and AR/VR applications
• Develop and maintain detailed user-interface specifications
• 8 years of industry experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, information architect, or similar UX-related role
• An online portfolio demonstrating samples of enterprise work and UX deliverables (wireframes, journey maps, personas) is required to apply for this role.
• Desire for innovation, balanced with business needs, and customer obsession
• Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills including the ability to communicate interactive design concepts clearly and persuasively a multifunctional team
• Ability to take a project from initial scoping requirements through actual design, development and testing
• Ability to work efficiently and demonstrate a bias for action in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
• Experience with a variety of design tools including Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks, Visio, and Dreamweaver
• Knowledge of usability principles and techniques
• Experience providing detailed specifications and optimized HTML and CSS prototypes for development team.
• Bachelor degree
• Experienced in performing user research or gathering quantitative customer data
• Fluency in best practices for information architecture and interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles, techniques and patterns
• Bachelor or master's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent degree
• Ability to handle working with multiple partners and customer engagements while providing overall delivery oversight and timelines
• Demonstrated visual design expertise; capacity for creating fun, highly usable designs and layouts, and a propensity towards simplification
• Ability to turn around rigorous wireframes and mockups in an iterative environment
• Ability to scope design initiatives accurately and prioritize work items appropriately
• Experience with voice, AR, and VR user experience design
• Proficiency with web standards and accessibility compliance