Principal Program Manager, Ads
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
The Principal Program Manager will serve as an extension of sales leadership and leads cross functional initiatives. As an advisor to the business, the PM plays a critical role on the leadership team, focused on driving revenue, profitability, and customer satisfaction. This role requires elements of sales and account management, as well as the opportunity to build new processes and implement new solutions.
The PM will serve as an extension of sales leadership to internal cross-functional teams, including but not limited to, product, marketing, operations, finance, custom, design, CST, yield and more. The PM is required to identify business trends (tailwinds, headwinds) and quickly escalate revenue blockers. Their contributions will serve the greatest impact by creating scalable solutions for the broader Field Sales, and align with long-term objectives. Key primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Lead the business planning process aligned with goals, priorities and budgets
• Partner with leadership, finance, and operations to identify and allocate resources across teams. Including quota mapping and attainment planning.
• Track and report on execution against OP1 business plans
• Acting manager during transition periods or leave
• Conduct weekly review of the business results, identify potential risks and opportunities, and surface insights to management to improve the health of the business.
• Own business health and sales metrics measurement across weekly, monthly, and quarterly cycles
• Prepare and drive weekly, monthly, and quarterly business updates (WBR, MBR, QBR, OP1) in partnership with management for executive review
• Generate and implement big ideas to drive business improvement and innovation
• Standardize and scale best practices and learnings across FSO
The ideal candidate is an advertising sales leader with a reputation for developing the best deep relationships both internally and externally. He or she will come with a deep knowledge of driving sales results, partnering cross functionally, and professionally representing client needs/perspectives to the product organization.
• Exceptionally strong analytical thinker who likely hails from a leading publisher, consumer technology firm or sophisticated interactive advertising agency.
• Ability to develop and execute sales strategies, tactics, plans, processes, systems and programs.
• Build high performance sales teams with a demonstrated ability to sell the value of a media property rather than just the program/price.
• Track record of closing large complex deals himself or herself but not taking them at the end stage from the rep or team.
• Adept at managing a field organization and ensuring excellent communications with headquarters stakeholders.
• Possess a talent for responding effectively to market direction, customer needs and competitive positioning.
• Can thrive in past paced dynamic environments and have very strong communication and presentation skills.
• Bachelor's degree
• 12-15 years digital ad sales experience; 7 years in a Management function with Agency/Media Sales/Multi-category sales experience
• Demonstrated ability to consistently close sales and generate revenues
• Strong track record of high level negotiation and successful internal and external relationship management
• Strong analytical abilities
• Ability to interact with a broad set of businesses and presenting both over the phone and in person
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong attention to detail, and good follow-through
• Proven people management and experience building and leading teams
• Advertising agency or client direct experience
• Demonstrated experience working with senior stakeholders and executive teams