Principal Marketing Manager - Content Partnership and Integrations
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Principal Marketing Manager - Content Partnership and Integrations - Alexa and Echo
Amazon is seeking an experienced, strategic and highly creative individual to lead its global branded entertainment and content marketing efforts. Working to create best-in-class strategies with content makers / talent / distributors, breakthrough creative content integrations and leveraging media deals, this individual will manage all Amazon branded activities to help engage new and existing customers in ways that ultimately drive (1) awareness of Amazon devices and services, (2) OPS, and (3) acquisition and retention of Prime membership. Working collaboratively with the brand marketing, media, and creative teams, this individual will lead the effort harnessing the creative power of content integration to efficiently and effectively build the brand equity of our products and service.
The ideal candidate will understand how to navigate branded content and integration to strategically build the Alex and Echo brands, create attention and generate awareness and intent to purchase on a global scale. They will have developed highly creative marketing campaigns and will have demonstrated the ability to think big and implement innovative ideas in ways that create significant PR attention. They will have a thorough understanding of the capabilities of branded entertainment and its ability to connect with a wide range of audiences, and how to use those capabilities to develop a range of strategies that will build Amazon products and services brand equity. They will formulate and implement best-practices, mechanisms and measurement tools that provide enhanced opportunities to engage audiences. This individual will actively seek to raise the bar for strategic approach, creative development and execution within the branded content, integration, and entertainment space.
• Own the development of a strategic branded content and entertainment marketing plan and its associated budget.
• Work with ''Hollywood'' content makers (writers, directors, producers, show runners), talent, agents, and distributors to integrate Amazon products and services in organic scenarios.
• Set goals and KPIs, develop test and learn scenarios, and devise strategies through which to achieve them while implementing measurement plans.
• Work collaboratively with Amazon teams across business units to develop and execute creative ideas, plans and strategies.
• Work closely with the Amazon brand creative, media, research and measurement teams to integrate and measure the value and impact our brand integration marketing opportunities.
• Manage external agencies and distribution partners as necessary for that which we cannot do internally.
• Work effectively with other groups within Amazon, especially products (Alexa, Fire, Echo), services (AWS, Video, Music), media, and international teams.
• The ideal candidate will be a combination of business leader, creative thinker, visionary, inventor, builder, and operator. They must be passionate about the opportunity to work for Amazon, the brand marketing team, and by the prospect of making Amazon products and services successful on a global scale.
• BS in relevant discipline.
• Solid entertainment industry knowledge and contacts in television and/or feature films.
• 10 years' experience in branded content, entertainment marketing and creative development.
• Demonstrated strong negotiation skills.
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities and excel in a fast and lean work environment.
• Self-motivated and comfortable working independently with minimal supervision.
• Strong managerial skills with the ability to internally navigate complex organizations.
• Exceptional analytical and writing skills with a strong creative sensibility.
• Strong knowledge of media landscape.