Managing Producer, Original and Exclusive Podcasts
AmazonCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Music is looking for a Managing Producer of Originals and Exclusives. This role will provide guidance on creative approach, production process, and best practices for how to create compelling originals that can be released within the Amazon Music podcast experience. You will play a key role in vetting concepts for Originals, and then will be responsible for setting creative goals, budgets, quality standards, and production timelines with third-party production teams, and connecting them with the senior members of our internal content team to help steer the creative process.
You should be organized, have deep experience with story structure and storytelling; experience with audio and podcast production is a plus, but other types of deep development experience in other media will be considered. You should be engaged and curious about the world, understand story and how to convey complex factual information in an entertaining, dramatically compelling and emotionally engaging way.
A strong candidate will have at least six years of experience in audio content development and/or production in podcasting or original audio. An inclination to roll up your sleeves and solve problems-doing whatever is needed to get the job done-is essential.
• Drive the growth, and elevate the quality of Amazon Music original content and exclusive podcast slate
• Use high business and creative judgment to make consistently good content investment and editorial decisions on the behalf of the customer and the business
• Lead highly creative teams, balance several projects at once, drive toward clear goals and pivot quickly when needed, and help producers reach their full potential
• Develop and work on a range of show concepts: from talent-driven interview shows to highly produced documentary style series
• Set the bar for both excellence and efficiency, support producers to advance their production and storytelling skills
• Develop and maintain positive partner, client and host relationships
• Lead the day-to-day production of shows in development at various stages, including direct supervision of internal and external production teams
• Create and manage production schedules and calendars to ensure timely delivery of show materials
• Coordinate effectively among cross-functional teams, particularly marketing, PR, and advertising
• 5 years of successful podcast production experience as an editor, producer, content lead, or audio storyteller
• Strong preference for candidates with significant experiencing developing and producing a range of show styles, as well as management experience.
• Experience with production scheduling, project management and episode planning.
• Proven experience in podcast production and original show development