Head Of Media - Amazon Originals
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
We are seeking a Head of Media to lead our US media strategy, planning and buying for Prime Originals and the Prime Video brand. Your focus will be on driving and executing innovative and effective media strategies across a robust mix of channels including, but not limited to, television, print, digital, mobile and out-of-home to drive awareness and viewership of our Prime Originals. You will be responsible for leading, managing and growing a team of media professionals, as well as, managing media agencies and other partners in order to achieve our marketing and media objectives. You will work directly with the Prime Original brand marketing team and closely with content development, performance, global, mass marketing and leadership teams to establish and implement mass media best practices, create rigorous analytical processes and produce cost-effective advertising. The successful candidate will also draw upon strong project management skills to ensure flawless execution of campaigns.
As Amazon's Head of Originals Media, you will:
• Act as a strategic partner between Originals brand marketing leads and agencies to develop creative, effective and holistic paid media strategies and tactics for Originals and brand marketing campaigns
• Set goals and KPIs and devise strategies through which to achieve them while implementing measurement plans
• Develop test and learn scenarios to continue to innovate and accelerate media performance
• Manage budgets and timelines for media programs
• Prepare forecasts and performance reports that monitor and analyze key media metrics, quality, and campaign performance.
• Oversee post-buy audit and optimization efforts to ensure the integrity and efficiency of the media plans.
• Partner with finance and analytics teams to continuously measure the return on our media investment
• Interface directly with networks, affiliates and partners to develop new advertising programs and secure premium media.
• Work alongside global advertising and media planning teams on regional/global projects.
• Seek and evaluate strategic media opportunities and serve as a thought-leader on new and innovative ways to reach and connect with our customer.
• Monitor and analyze competitive media and marketing strategies.
• Interface with Amazon commercial teams to evaluate incremental or cooperative media opportunities.
• Work closely with the digital video merchandising team, Amazon Ad Exchange and other internal partners to leverage merchandising opportunities that can be integrated into Originals planning.
• 8 years relevant professional experience in media strategy, planning and buying
• Solid entertainment industry knowledge and contacts in television and /or feature films
• Demonstrated strong negotiation skills
• Strong knowledge of media research, trafficking, tracking and reporting processes, techniques and technologies
• Ability to juggle multiple priorities and excel in a fast and lean work environment
• Self-motivated and comfortable working independently with minimal supervision
• Strong managerial skills with the ability to internally navigate complex organizations
Exceptional analytical and writing skills with a strong creative sensibility
• Major media agency experience with consumer-facing brands highly desirable
• Performance marketing, digital and social media experience highly desirable