Corporate Counsel, Digital Video
AmazonSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Are you looking for a serious challenge in a fast-paced, innovation-driven company? Come make history with Amazon's legal department.
We are looking for an exceptionally talented attorney to support our rapidly evolving digital video business. You will serve as a primary lawyer responsible for counseling the business and drafting commercial agreements, and you will be responsible for independently and effectively solving a broad range of product and regulatory issues. You will work directly with the business, serving as lead counsel on strategic deals, providing day-to-day advice, resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships, and handling pre-litigation disputes and inquiries.
Principal duties include structuring, drafting, and negotiating complex distribution, licensing, marketing, and other commercial agreements, and providing ongoing legal counsel across a wide range of areas, including intellectual property, digital media, and regulatory compliance. Some travel will be required.
• Very strong academic credentials including a J.D. degree from a top law school and membership in at least one US state bar is required
• 4 years experience as a transactional attorney, preferably with some portion of that experience in IP, technology, or entertainment transactions
• 3 years experience in a top national or international law firm is required
• Sound judgment in ambiguous situations
• Proven ability to execute projects to achieve meaningful positive results
• Ability to work independently, while contributing meaningfully to cross-functional teams
• Inclination to take challenges by the horns and aggressively drive meaningful solutions, regardless of complexity or uncertainty
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Exceptional analytical skills
• A mix of corporate law firm and in-house experience is a plus
• Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.