Sr. Marketing Manager, Awards - Prime Video
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Prime Video is looking for a Sr. Manager of Awards take a leadership role in supporting all efforts pertaining to Awards for our Prime Original Series, Amazon Original Movies and the Prime Video service. The goal of this position is to support the Director of Awards to in our efforts to create, build and iterate on holistic strategic, marketing, PR and promotional activities across our TV programming and feature film release slate, marketing and other notable activities to effectively and efficiently target the proper audiences while striving to achieve and exceed agreed upon objectives. We aim to build the brand and recognition of our original content and the Prime Video service, overall, throughout the entertainment industry and with Amazon customers on a global scale.
We are looking for someone who has experience in the awards/PR/marketing space, working across internal teams and within the entertainment industry to build key relationships and lead awards campaign efforts to garner maximum nominations and wins to build the Prime Video brand and validate our original content as the highest quality in the industry. As the Sr. Manager of Awards, you will be responsible to ideate, create and produce many forms of marketing, PR and promotional activities, as well as the development and implementation of any related to our efforts to deepen engagement with the appropriate industry associations, guilds, media outlets and related partners and stakeholders.
You will work with internal resources and external agencies/production companies to create appropriate strategies and implement tactical plans. The goal is to develop industry-leading, innovative and creatively groundbreaking strategies and tactics to engage appropriate audiences and motivate them to consider and vote for our original content, as well as other key awards that will help garner validation and recognition for the efforts of our Amazon Studios/Prime Video team. You will be a key member of the Prime Video/Amazon Studios leadership team and work closely with the head of the Studio, the heads of TV, movies, content development executives and a wide range teams across marketing, PR, media and Amazon as a whole.
We are looking for a candidate that offers a unique blend of strategy, media, PR, industry relationships and creative instincts, with the ability to develop and articulate our unique value proposition and build trust with industry leaders and customers.
Duties & Responsibilities will include:
• Manage activities against our awards efforts, including but not limited to strategy, submissions, talent relations, media, advertising, creative, events, promotion, talent relations and PR.
• Build and implement strategies that provide us with the most advantageous opportunity to gain significant and valid recognition in the industry and general consumers.
• Build relationships and work effectively with a wide range of talent, producers, creators, trade personnel, publicists, agents, managers, media outlets and industry influencers.
• Work across a wide range of internal teams to gain alignment on strategic approach and implementation.
• Build and manage highly positive relationships with key external partners and stakeholders including the Television Academy, Hollywood Foreign Press Association, Motion Picture Academy, Clio, Cannes Lions, trade/craft guilds and other relevant associations that are important to achieving our goals.
• Ability to bring big ideas to the table, obtain buy-in and effectively and efficiently implement ideas at scale.
• Measure outputs against internal and external measures and delivering continuous improvement.
• Develop and manage appropriate internal and external agency, creative and production partners.
• 12 years of experience in entertainment marketing, publicity and/or awards.
• Thorough understanding of the entertainment industry and the use/application of marketing, media, PR and promotional activities that effectively engage customers and build meaningful relationships.
• Relevant industry experience with a major film or television studio, media outlet, publisher or agency.
• Deep entertainment industry connections
• Bachelor's degree
• MBA Preferred
• Possess strong decision-making skills
• Ability to influence direction on department issues
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Detail oriented and strong project management skills
• Ability to operate with significant autonomy and discretion
• Able to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.