Sr. Manager, Physical Production - Genre
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Studios is looking for a production manager to support genre TV projects to be produced both in the United States and worldwide. Amazon Studios is the television development and production arm of Amazon.com. Over the past 5 years, we have debuted award-winning and ground-breaking programming like Transparent, The Man in the High Castle, The Grand Tour, and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.
The Genre Production Manager will be responsible for overseeing the budgets, schedules, and overall production plans for world-building, fantasy and sci-fi series and pilots. The position will work closely with internal partners, including Post-Production, Business Affairs, and Creative Development teams. You will also evaluate new production-related products and provide advice on potential risks and issues in a wide range of asset management areas, including new vendors, archival solutions and new technologies.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Oversee projects in development and production for scripted content in the Genre arena.
• Collaborate with show producers, line producers, production managers and creative executives and offer assessments on budgets, production plans, and schedules. Includes flagging risks and/or presenting options that result in staying on budget and schedule.
• Work with internal teams, including post operations and development, to develop budgets and schedules.
• Travel to set when necessary to evaluate work-flow, budgets and potential problems.
• Analyze budgets and cost reports.
• Act as liaison from producers to Head of Production.
• 15 years of experience as Producer/Production Executive or the equivalent
• 5 years of experience in big-budget films and or/series, preferably in fantasy or sci-fi arenas
• Currently manage a slate of shows
• Ability to prioritize and respond effectively in fast paced environment, across shows in various points of production
• Understanding of budgeting, scheduling and cost reports
• On-set problem solving ability
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Even-tempered, grace under pressure, discrete, high level judgement in absence of data
• Excellent organization skills; ability to handle multiple projects at once
• Experience with global SVOD delivery workflows
• Experience with a variety of digital media workflows and post production
• Experience with local guilds and unions
• Experience working world wide