Sr. Manager Of Tech Ops., Live Events
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
We are seeking a seasoned broadcast technical production management professional to support the Amazon Studios Live Events Production Team in the creation and management of Live Events. The successful candidate will possess the ability to complete high volumes of complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance; react with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround; and efficiently and creatively solve difficult or complex problems that affect people within the business. This position will report to the Head of Production, Unscripted & Live Events.
The candidate will be responsible for all technical workflows on-site and at remote locations for all Amazon Live Events. Candidate will also manage on-site technical managers as well as studio technical managers. Additionally, the candidate will be responsible for researching, testing, and implementing current and new production and live post production technology. This position currently covers all live productions world-wide and includes extensive travel.
The candidate will also have great attention to detail and organization skills, as well as the ability to switch gears at a moment's notice. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is key.
• Responsible for the technical management and design of specific live events projects in all areas of development and editorial execution
• Meets with sports league and entertainment representative(s), internal and external producers, production and creative executives in production meetings
• Is on-location when necessary to manage technical vendors, evaluate technical work-flows and potential problems both domestically and abroad
• Works closely with 3rd party producers and their post-production and field operations teams to insure a high quality of creative delivery for all required assets
• Work closely and acts as lead technical contact with other internal departments such as production, creative, tech/playback teams, product and live operations
• Manages both on-site and remote based production workflows
• Researching, budgeting, and implementing latest cost-effective technologies and innovative solutions to enhance live productions
• • 7 years of experience as a technical manager on live remote and/or studio broadcast projects
• • Working knowledge of location specific production guidelines and procedures
• • On-site problem-solving ability
• • Detailed planning, time management, and organizational skills
• • Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• • Positive can-do attitude with strong initiative and follow through
• • Great judgment and common sense
• • Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
• • Creative problem-solver
• Live broadcast production experience required
• Knowledge of production technology and standards in international locations
• Knowledge of UHD HDR/SDR workflows and delivery specifications
• High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
• Strong awareness of technical manufacturers, OB vendors, technical crews, etc.
• Experience planning, booking, and researching transmissions for live events
• Ability to travel domestically and internationally for short and extended periods of time
• PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Strong knowledge and technical management experience in all forms of live and taped television (e.g., sports, shiny floor competitions, concerts, talk/interview, corporate events, etc.) across all budget levels
• Experience with technical crewing and live production technical design
• Strong understanding of AWS and cloud-based production and post production tools
• Wide array of industry contacts including international contacts
• Experience with asset delivery and quality control
• • Experience with a variety of digital media workflows and post production
• Web-savvy: familiar with online video environment and OTT platforms
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.