Sr. Creative Director - Video: Original Series
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Sr. Creative Director - Amazon Prime Video: Original Series
Amazon Studios is seeking award-winning, creative, and passionate 360° Sr. Creative Director to create innovative, stunning and effective marketing experiences that drive viewership of the original programming that we distribute through Amazon Prime Video. The ideal candidate will combine creative inspiration with the ability to create thoughtful, groundbreaking, inspirational creative that will connect with customers across all channels.
Sr. Creative Directors own the following:
• Personally ideate and develop innovative, effective, and award-winning 360° marketing experiences that tell stories, communicate benefits, and drive viewership of Amazon Prime Video's highest priority original programming.
• Have a strong POV and creative vision along with a clear, concise ability to provide direction to internal and external partners.
• Craft high level creative strategies and briefs and presentation decks, along with sketches and comps that communicate concepts and campaigns
• Articulate and pitch creative concepts to peers, senior management, Executive Producers and talent.
• Solve for business, customer, and stakeholder requirements while building creative that is unique, stunning and effective.
• Think across platforms, mastering the idiosyncrasies of each and create tailored content across channels that help drive marketing objectives.
• Elevate the creative output of any internal partner or agency/production company vendor to ensure that all marketing assets meet a high level of creativity, innovation and brand association on time and within budget
• Obtain and allocate internal/external resources to achieve strategic and operating goals
• Manage highly visible and complex projects that have wide impact across the business and/or spans across multiple teams or platforms
• Effectively direct and manage the development of all creative assets for marketing materials including key art and trailers; video, digital, social media, print, merchandising and other assets for a combination of shows with a large degree of autonomy.
• Forecast resourcing needs and work with key stakeholders to drive a schedule for projects while prioritizing and using resources effectively, communicating needs and trade-offs if schedule is at risk.
• Allocate, manage and track budgets for creative asset development
• Proactively work to solve problems and communicate to senior management, and actively seek clarification when there is ambiguity
• Coach and mentor junior staff
• Communicate with key stakeholders internally (Pods, Marketing Group, Studios and PV organization, Amazon) and externally (partner agencies) in a spirit of collaboration, building strong relationships with stakeholders, communicating and collaborating effectively, articulating complex issues/problems in an effective manner
• Work with senior leadership to create policies and procedures, best practices that impact the broader department
• 10 years of creative design experience that encompasses digital, interactive, marketing, and brand design
• A strong portfolio of work showing creative invention and innovation with the ability to articulate big and breakthrough ideas in print, outdoor, AV, social, digital, transmedia, events and experiential that can effectively market.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Creative writing skills
• Deep knowledge of design and associated tools and principals
• Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
• Excellent presentation skills and interactive story telling ability
• Proven success in project management and execution across all forms of media, print, video, social and digital mass media.
• Must be able to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment and maintain a sharp attention to detail
• Bachelor's degree
• Strong creative and project management skills
• Entertainment Industry Experience
• Extensive experience in social, digital and transmedia a bonus.
• Ability to manage creative teams, inspire great creative and problem solve.
• Ability to track budgets on creative projects and negotiate estimates.
ABOUT AMAZON STUDIOS
Amazon Studios launched in 2010 as a new way to develop feature films and episodic series-one that's open to great ideas from creators and audiences around the world. Amazon Studios Original Content is available to Prime members and is known for bringing customers the Emmy and Golden Globe-winning The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Transparent, Goliath, Mozart in the Jungle and The Man in the High Castle, along with original hits like Jack Ryan, Homecoming, The Grand Tour, Sneaky Pete, One Mississippi, Fleabag, Red Oaks, Bosch, Catastrophe and All or Nothing. Prime members also have access to a collection of Amazon Original series for kids such as Wishenpoof, Stinky & Dirty, Just Add Magic, Kicks, Lost In Oz and American Girl Specials, and multi-Emmy Award-winning Tumble Leaf.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.