Senior Unscripted Post Production Executive
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Studios is seeking an experienced executive to oversee post-production on our various unscripted series. The Senior Unscripted Post Production Executive will be responsible for overseeing budget planning, track mastering progress, and manage the delivery of all physical and electronic assets from third party productions to Amazon Studios. Other responsibilities include maintaining delivery schedules, working closely with our Legal team to track outstanding deliverables, and organizing assets for delivery to both outside distributors and Prime Video (PV). The role will coordinate with third party vendors on work related to the editing and versioning of assets, track expenditures for all production department related work orders, screen potential editorial manpower and manage distribution of assets for PR, Marketing and International needs. Organizational planning, efficiency optimization and clear and diligent reporting will all be critical in building scalable operational processes.
The senior unscripted post production executive is also responsible for helping develop, implement and maintain the infrastructure of all digital content (both development and series projects) that is produced for Amazon Studios. This includes studio-wide distribution and screening portals as well as the proper archival and storage of assets for all programming. Key to this process is the continuing development of new policies and procedures to address media security, flexibility, and improved streaming integrity over various Amazon pipelines. Evaluating new IT products and providing thoughtful advice on potential risks and issues arising from implementation in all these areas will be critical as technology grows and changes.
The qualified candidate will also be responsible for developing and improving the workflow and program delivery for International distribution, including Amazon's current International channels and any new territories that are added.
Travel to location will sometimes be needed to set up editorial pipelines, services, remote 4K/HDR workflow, etc.
• Tracking the status of rough cuts ensuring that the shows are meeting their session and delivery target dates for broadcast
• Understanding of production deliverables and any labor agreements
• Proactively checking on show status and communicating any potential financial, creative, or delivery problems in a timely manner
• Create, implement and maintain an internal media system to screen and track all content from principal photography through final delivery.
• Maintain relationships with 3rd party production companies and current outside vendors for provided services to finish, encode and deliver content through the Prime Video pipeline at the highest quality levels.
• 7 years working on unscripted projects
• 5 years of experience in a post-production environment
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Experience with delivery of assets to studios and distributors
• Experience with a variety of digital media workflows
• Experience in various television post production environments
• Strong customer focus and professional demeanor
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines