Senior Production Auditor - Amazon Studios
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon.com is seeking a Senior Production Auditor to be a key business partner on the Amazon Studios Finance team at Amazon Studios located in Santa Monica, California. Amazon Studios is known for television series such as multi-Golden Globe winners The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Transparent, Mozart in the Jungle, and Emmy winning children's series. Amazon Studios recently launched Amazon Original Movies, which focuses on unique stories, voices, and characters from top and up-and-coming creators, with award- winning movies such as Manchester by the Sea and The Big Sick. The right individual will have experience in the entertainment industry, including knowledge of all aspects of television and motion picture production operations and production accounting, strong leadership skills, and solid business judgment capable of driving an organization to the right results. He or she will have operated successfully in a fast-paced, global, results-oriented environment, and have the ability to influence the decisions of senior business leaders through effective verbal and written communication, logical reasoning, and the presentation of alternatives. The successful candidate must be able to think and act both strategically and tactically.
Key Responsibilities Include
• Key leader in the finance function for Amazon Studios
• Perform audits for Amazon Studios Original television and motion picture productions worldwide, with a focus on areas such as policy & procedure compliance, tax incentives, cost reporting, local regulatory and legal compliance, fraud detection, etc.
• Maintaining and updating the audit program, scope, and schedule.
• Manage the day to day communication with the Amazon Studios Production and Production Finance teams.
• Work closely with Production Accountants, Physical Production, Legal, Tax, etc.
• Assist with other functions, including SOX compliance, special projects, and ad hoc analysis as requested by Management.
• Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting.
• 5 years experience.
• Accounting/Finance experience in entertainment, production operations, and production accounting required (working knowledge of cost reporting, on-the-ground production processes, etc.).
• Prior external, internal, or production auditing experience.
• Must be able and willing to travel on a limited basis to domestic and international locations.
• Knowledge of production accounting systems.
• Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
• Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams.
• Aptitude for information technology
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation