Senior Localization Manager
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
This was removed by the employer on 12/23/2020 10:47:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Post Production Category
Browse the Studio Category
Search for Senior Localization Manager jobs in Santa Monica-CA
Search all Senior Localization Manager postings
Full Time Job
This role is based in Santa Monica, CA.
The Senior Localization Manager will report to the Head of Global Localization and will closely collaborate with established Senior and peer Localization Managers. S/he will track assigned series production and delivery progress on complex shows. They will oversee the processing of all required assets from third party production facilities through Amazon's contracted vendors for localization and ingestion to the Amazon Studios Mastering Operations team for delivery to Prime Video (PV), ensuring aggressive global release timelines are met. They will be responsible for updating and maintaining various schedules, keeping vendors and regional Point-Of-Contacts (POCs) up-to-date as content is finalized, tracking localization progress, pursuing outstanding materials, organizing assets and metadata information required to launch on PV, and troubleshooting any upstream or downstream rejections as well as assessing and acting on Customer feedback or anecdotes. Additionally, they will provide feedback and escalate situations to Team Leaders throughout the Post Operations department when needed, and help reach resolutions with high-profile partners.
The role will liaise between current productions and third-party localization vendors on work related to the translation/adaptation, casting, recording and versioning of Amazon Originals content for Global release, while helping to streamline and achieve alignment across a variety of global vendors. This position will also work with the Localization Billing Manager to track expenditures for all localization related work, create purchase orders, and monitor invoicing across multiple projects. For content originating in languages other than English, this role will also be responsible for localization into English as well. The role will additionally liaise with Business Affairs, Legal (Production, Clearances, and Trademarks), Production, Strategy, Marketing, Post Management, Finance/Accounting, Music, and Media Management teams as required, to both refine and document current processes, solidify a scalable global approach, as well as establish new processes for emerging or out of process requests within the immediate team and as an influencer across the organization and external partners. Lastly, this role also requires the ownership and execution of a department wide initiative – serving as a Subject Matter Expert for a technology build, rolling out a new workflow across the team, or creating/managing a set of guidelines.
• 4 years of experience with a variety of centralized Subtitling and Dubbing localization workflows and product types, including movies or series across multiple regions and languages, or experience working in the local office of a global studio or post-production environment geared toward work with the same
• 4 years of experience with acquisition and delivery of assets from producing entities to a studio or vendor
• Direct experience utilizing 3P post vendors and technical/workflow mechanisms from the beginning (greenlight) to end (distribution) of episodic or feature content life cycles globally
• Direct experience with a variety of digital media workflows and asset management
• Documented examples managing multiple projects simultaneously, with follow through to meet aggressive deadlines