Production Services Manager
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Studios is looking for a seasoned production executive with expertise in union and guild contracts and policies, and ''on set'' operations. This person will work with the Head of Production to establish, implement and oversee compliance on union and guild policies and procedures using best industry practices.
This position requires experience with production budgets, schedules, and financial reporting as well as union regulations. The Production Services Manager needs to be adept at collaborating with Labor Relations, Production Legal, Outside Counsel, Production Finance and Business Affairs. Over the past 5 years, Amazon Studios has debuted award-winning and ground-breaking programming such as The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel and Transparent.
• Analyze current union and guild structures for production operations.
• Identify risk factors with respect to union and guild compliance.
• Review budgets for compliance with unions and taxes.
• Develop analyses and go-forward plans to streamline union and guild processes for current and future productions.
• Work cross-functionally with Production, Labor Relations and Production Legal on union and guild planning.
• Partner with Production Finance on tax credit planning.
• Interact effectively with senior leaders, both internally and externally, to influence business decisions.
• Contribute to forming long-term corporate strategies, goals and solutions.
• Initiate and oversee projects to improve operations.
• Utilize industry knowledge to advance operational goals.
• 12 years in the field and/or at a studio, production company, or entertainment accounting firm.
• Command of guild and union agreements.
• Category expert on tax credit and incentive programs worldwide.
• Expert in interpreting and analyzing production budgets, schedules, and cost reports.
• Strong knowledge of entertainment payroll company services.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Organization and attention to detail.
• Experience with scripted and non-scripted content production.
• Track record of scaling operations.
• Experience hiring, developing teams with cross-functional impact.
• Excellent prioritization skills; manages multiple projects concurrently.
• Balances long-term strategic thinking and tactical execution.
• Must be able and willing to travel on a limited basis to domestic and international locations.