Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Studios is the original film and television development and production arm of Amazon.com. Our movies include, MANCHESTER BY THE SEA, THE BIG SICK, and BEAUTIFUL BOY. Our television projects include award winning television series MOZART IN THE JUNGLE, TRANSPARENT, and THE MARVELOUS MRS. MAISEL.
This position will support the production finance team for original projects in this fast growing original content production business. This is an exciting opportunity to join the production finance team at an early, high growth stage and have ownership of production accounting and production finance functions and be involved with original television projects through every stage from development, production, to delivery.
A successful candidate will assist in the identification, creation, development, and integration of innovative solutions, internal controls and financial reporting processes. The individual will also be charged with overseeing the month end financial reporting process, technical accounting research and documentation, and account reconciliation review.
• Implement industry best production accounting practices for the studio project portfolio, including:
• Hiring and managing accounting teams for productions and ensuring they are following studio guidelines.
• Managing development budget and overseeing payments.
• Documentation of key process flows with an emphasis on improving process controllership and efficiency.
• Partnering with the business to scope and implement studio production finance and accounting solutions
This position is located in Santa Monica, California.
• BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science) or equivalent and a minimum 3 years of experience in finance or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• 4 years experience in finance/accounting or combination of accounting and business with a significant portion in the film and television production industry.• • Ability to plan and manage multiple projects simultaneously
• Must be able to work independently in a fast paced environment and team up with various divisions
• Excellent communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
• Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and database management
• Highly motivated, analytical, proactive and self-sufficient
• Able to earn the trust and respect of clients and coworkers
• Strong organization and time management skills
• Ability to effectively research, conclude on and communicate technical accounting topics.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to lead teams effectively across business lines.
• Experience implementing and improving business process and systems.
• Advanced knowledge of various production accounting software: MediaWeb, Vista, PSL, Ease
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.