Product Manager - Operations
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Studios is the television development and production arm of Amazon. We make and deliver Originals content for Prime customers. Over the past 5 years, we have debuted award-winning and ground-breaking programming like Transparent, The Man in the High Castle, The Grand Tour, and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.
The Studio Production Planning (SPP) team is an integrated partner to the Global Production & Ops department, responsible for supporting physical production and post operations on scripted, unscripted, and Kids series. SPP supports the department mission to produce customer-delighting content in the most innovative, efficient ways.
The operations manager's responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Technology initiatives related to production/studio operations workflows for in-house, cloud-based apps
• Identify current studios ops workflows, ideate on business requirements, and partner with Studio Technology to translate these into product requirements
• Product test, launch, and/or implement digital tools and/or processes across Studios stakeholders
• Socialize project timelines and/or products across Studios
• Set mechanisms that drive accountability on deliverables
• Set and analyze operational benchmarks
• Identify and recommend internal process improvements
• Establish and improve existing templates and/or databases that organize vital information and workflows
We seek a builder who can solve highly ambiguous problems; a collaborator capable of driving product adoption across teams and personalities; and a strategic thinker that effectively prioritizes trade-offs for MVP launches while considering long-term goals. S/he can operate with little direction, knows when to seek support, and is curious about new possibilities in production.
• Product/Project Management experience
• Knowledge of creative, production, post production processes and related workflows
• Experience working with large-scale, complex datasets
• Experience with gathering requirements and creating/deploying solutions to end users
• Experience with client and/or customer-facing interactions across both peer groups and senior management
• Experience working with product and engineering teams
• Expert working knowledge of Excel and the ability to quickly learn internal tools; working knowledge of statistics and visualization tools (e.g. Tableau)
• Knowledge of Jira and/or other product tracking/management tools
• Experience with navigation, cross-communication, and alignment of teams across large, complex organizations
• Experienced with SQL and BI tools
• Versatile collaborator that can present and context switch across broad spectrum of stakeholders, from creative to product.
• Communicates complex operational, business and customer needs in a clear and easy-to-understand way, both written and verbal
• Even-tempered, grace under pressure and collaborative problem-solving abilities.
• Passionate and/or deep interest about making TV
• Handles multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment. Understands how to prioritize wants vs. needs.
• Flexible, self-directed, and accustomed to lean environments