Post Production Strategy & Planning Mgr
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
We are seeking a Post Production Strategy & Planning Manager to be part of the Production & Operations Strategy & Planning team, embedded in the WW Production & Ops department. The role covers post operations on Originals series and movies globally. The team manages internal operations, long-term planning that optimizes resources, and operations strategies to scale and build studio capabilities that support our global production operations. The team works cross functionally across all departments.
We seek a builder who can solve highly ambiguous problems in the post production space. Key activities include:
• Conduct analyses of key business drivers and trends in the post production industry.
• Deliver recommendations and/or operating plans for how to optimize post production spend, resources, and time.
• Create reporting and dashboards for key metrics, identify and implement mechanisms for continuous improvement, and communicate state of operations against goals to leaders.
• Lead cross-functional initiatives to drive process and/or operations improvements on post production planning, scheduling, budgeting, and reporting.
• Work with senior studio and Production team leadership to translate strategic operations initiatives into a multi-year roadmap with complete cost and capital requirements. This includes collaborating with the Head of Post to analyze, negotiate, and finalize large scope deals for studio services.
• Source and lead strategic analysis and discussions on potential studio investments in post infrastructure and/or facilities.
• Bachelor's degree is required in business, finance, marketing or related fields.
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to work with owners to define key business/operations questions and to build data sets and operational recommendations that drive our studio capabilities forward.
• Strong leader who can prioritize well and communicate clearly, both verbal and written, across all levels of the organization with a proven ability to align cross-functional teams and influence others.
• Demonstrated success in achieving aggressive short, medium and long-term goals.
• Demonstrated bias for action with strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss varied concepts, tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas.
• Versatile collaborator that can present and context switch across broad spectrum of stakeholders.
• Flexible, self-directed, and accustomed to grace under pressure in lean environments.
• Knowledge of creative, production, post production processes and related workflow.
• Experience in a management consulting firm, investment bank, private equity, hedge fund, and/or media/entertainment company in a strategy/business development/analytical role.
• Masters in Business Administration degree.
Amazon Studios is the television development and production arm of Amazon. We make and deliver Originals content for Prime customers. Over the past 6 years, we have debuted award-winning and ground-breaking programming like Transparent, The Man in the High Castle, The Grand Tour, and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.