Participations and Residuals Operations Analyst
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Here at Amazon Studios we are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual with long-term interest in Entertainment third party reporting. Applicant must possess keen logical thinking capabilities and attentive to details. Strong comfort interpreting participation agreements, union agreements, and willingness to learn/absorb new concepts is pertinent. Above average writing and organizational skills are necessary, as position will have a high level of autonomy.
This position will work closely with residuals, participations, business affairs, and legal departments on various projects. Primary responsibilities consist of participation statement preparation, residual invoicing, policy writing, and document drafting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create and maintain forecast models for projects.
• Work with accounting to create residual and participation ultimates.
• Support audit team.
• Create policy documents upon request.
• Draft Amazon standard documents upon request.
• Support monthly and quarterly close request.
• Reconcile revenue and maintain A/R aging reports.
• Create participant deal abstracts.
• Work with tech teams on system building, testing, and integration.
• Continue process improvements.
• Additional duties and projects as assigned
• Education, Knowledge, and Experience:
• BA/BS Accounting Degree or Finance Degree required.
• Must have 2-3 years prior experience in participations and/or residuals in the entertainment industry.
• Above average understanding of Participations, and Residuals.
• Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
• Ability to work independently.
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once, and meet deadlines.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong analytical skills with attention to detail.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
• Prior experience in entertainment industry consulting is a plus.