Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
This role is based in Santa Monica, CA.
Amazon Studios is currently hiring a Localization Coordinator to help the Global Localization team launch an ever increasing amount of Originals episodic content. The Localization Coordinator will report to the Head of Global Localization, and will track series production and delivery progress related to the translation/adaptation, casting, recording, mastering, and versioning of assigned series content.
They will partner with Localization Project Managers on multiple series for the creation of subtitles, dubs, and foreign language master versions/assets. The Localization Coordinator will help update and maintain various schedules, keep Project Managers and Executives up-to-date as content is finalized, help track overall localization and mastering progress, flag outstanding materials or potential delays, collate information for avails/metadata, and amass assets for final delivery to Amazon Prime Video (PV). S/he will also be responsible for issuing and revising purchase orders, ensuring all invoices are tracked, processed, and approved, and updating corresponding logs in a timely manner. S/he will work closely with the Localization Project Managers in conjunction with the Localization Billing Coordinator to keep billing in sync with the production and localization timelines across assigned series.
The ideal candidate should be willing and able to handle a heavily administrative day-to-day, but with a willing focus and ability to grow into a future Localization Project Manager role.
• 2 years of experience in a global studio or post-production environment geared toward work on episodic Television (experience with Features is also a plus)
• 2 years of experience with a variety of centralized Subtitling and Dubbing localization workflows across multiple regions and languages
• Fluent in entertainment, post-production, and localization terminology
• Ability to report data accurately and identify errors or off-pattern entries in spreadsheets
• Ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through, and meet aggressive deadlines
• Work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
• Familiarity with a variety of digital media workflows and styles of content localization
• Familiarity with component-based localization and mastering workflows such as IMF or MMC
• Ability to learn new/proprietary systems and technologies
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
• Experience with purchase orders, invoicing, and tracking of spends
• Familiarity with foreign languages (Spanish, German, Japanese, etc.) is a plus, but not essential to succeed in this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Women/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Age
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon Studios is the television development and production arm of Amazon. We make and deliver Originals content for Prime Video customers. Over the past 5 years, we have debuted award-winning and ground-breaking programming like Transparent, The Man in the High Castle, The Grand Tour, and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.