Head Of Design, Prime Video and Original Series Marketing
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Head of Design, Prime Video and Original Series Marketing
The Prime Video Marketing team is looking for a Head of Design to lead cross functional teams in the design of industry leading assets in support of our Prime Original Series ATL and BTL campaigns, third-party partner and customer acquisition campaigns and design and tech systems.
The ideal candidate will have a natural passion for entertainment marketing, a deep understanding of TV entertainment design best practices and a proven track record of scaling teams as organizations grow. Day-to-day this person will be responsible for leading a team of designers creating design assets that span the full life cycle of a campaign, from early concept through to production hand off, including concept sketches, storyboards, key art, and references designs for out of home, digital, motion and social. Further this individual will lead their team in the adoption of creative testing frameworks and technology-based optimization and scaling systems.
This critical position requires a design leader with a strong ownership ethic who can inspire their team to continuously execute at the highest possible quality level with an eye for the finest details. This individual will partner closely with the Head of Creative, campaign Creative Directors and Head of Branded Content to define how design operates within the creative development process, and then partner with the Head of Production to ensure the flow of design artifacts flow smoothly into the asset production process as references design are broken out for distribution across a wide variety of placements.
Further, this candidate will need to be scrappy and have a startup mentality, partnering closely with marketers, brand managers, partners, agencies and stakeholders in the development of best in class design solutions.
• Effectively and efficiently manage the development, production and distribution of static, and motion assets that accurately represent campaign creative direction as established during the creative development process.
• Build, develop and manage team of Art Directors and Designers that effectively partner with their stakeholder while maintaining the highest possible bar for the performance of their designs as measured by established KPIs.
• Work closely with the Head of Marketing, Head of Brand and Executive Creative Director to drive the overall look, style and feel of our brand as you elevate the execution of the work and provide vision and direction for the design production team.
• Partner directly with the Head of Production and Campaign Managers in the efficient and timely hand off of reference designs, and then participate in ongoing processes to validate the correct implementation of designs at scale.
• Build and maintain positive relationships across Amazon and leverage those relationships to develop assets that benefit all partners involved.
• Develop and manage brand designs systems that work across consumer and trade applications for Prime Video and Amazon Studios.
• Develop and manage relationships with out-of-house agencies and production companies.
• Obsess over data and understand campaign metrics to set best practices and continuously improve design assets, brand awareness, and overall engagement and conversion.
• Partner with global teams in other territories to ensure their creative needs are met in a way that best suits the marketplace.
• 10 years graphic design experience across digital, motion, and print with a minimum of 4 years of managerial experience building and developing design teams.
• In-depth knowledge of all steps required in the creative development process. This includes effectively and efficiently staffing teams and providing clear communication and design direction based on overall campaign creative strategy.
• Proven ability to operate with autonomy and discretion.
• Proven success in project management and execution of systems level design in a large, fast-paced organization.
• A portfolio of strong designs (your or your team's) the clearly demonstrate creative problem solving and execution.
• Able to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment.
• Strong bias for action and willingness to roll up sleeves and get things done.
• Strong written and verbal communication, documentation and presentation skills.
• Able to thrive in a fast-paced work environment, readily adapting to continually changing priorities, nuanced feedback, and aggressive project time frames.
Please have your portfolio link in your resume.
• Experience in film and/or network TV marketing, or with a relevant advertising, marketing, or creative/production agency.
• Experience partnering with technology, product, and UX teams or with technology-based automation systems.
• Ability to manage multiple, complex projects that are global in nature under extremely tight deadlines
• Experience creating and managing complex design systems
• Strong project management skills