Franchise Development and Management, Genre
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Franchise Development and Management, Genre (Amazon Studios)
Amazon Studios is looking for an experienced Franchise Senior Manager to create and execute a franchise development plan and manage creative assets in support of to support long term goals in our original genre television series business. This person will report to the Chief Operating Officer for Amazon Studios while partnering with a variety of internal teams (e.g. creative, production, marketing, publicity) to build a holistic franchise licensing and merchandising strategy that will further secure our position as a leader in digital entertainment.
Scope of Responsibility:
Collaborates with TV Co-Heads and Head of Genre, Marketing teams, PR teams, showrunners, to develop and execute a holistic vision and strategy for franchise development and ancillary businesses driven by television shows (specifically focused on genre)
Primary interface on the Amazon Studios production team to capture and distribute creative and physical assets needed for various Prime Video and Amazon teams (e.g. Prime Video Originals Marketing, AOM Marketing, Amazon.com, Audible, Twitch)
• Apply agreed upon holistic vision and strategy to align creation and distribution of creative assets across all disciplines, Amazon teams and third parties (e.g. licensees)
• Collaborate, facilitate and coordinate opportunities for marketing and PR teams for their initiatives (particularly for genre shows) such as TV spots, sizzle reels, series trailers and custom campaigns with potential sponsor partners
• Manage physical assets for promotional shoots, costume and prop displays
Leads team in the development and implementation of franchise, licensing & merchandising strategies for Amazon Studios' original genre television series
• Align show release date, third party campaigns, consumer product launches
• Work closely with designers, image units, effects houses and external vendors to create assets, style guides
• Secure creative approvals from all stakeholder
• Oversee asset management, the capture and secure distribution of all 3D assets, production artwork and photography to licensees
• 15 years of entertainment experience in a franchise development, asset management role in support of consumer products licensing, marketing, and publicity.
• Demonstrates track record of development collaborative relationships with executives, creative filmmakers, producers and the production team that allow for complete stakeholder alignment against a strategic creative vision in the launch and management of a television series or film
• Created infrastructure, teams and as well as effective, efficient processes to drive franchise goals and provide robust support for marketing and publicity.
• Experience building effective asset management plans and tracking mechanisms.
• A track record of identifying opportunities and bringing those opportunities to a successful close.
• Demonstrated track record of working in a matrixed organization, where leading by influencing is a key characteristic of your success.
• A-list industry contacts that will support your candidacy as you will have worked directly and successfully with A-List talent and global properties.
• A track record of problem-solving key strategic business challenges in the entertainment industry with breakthrough creative solutions.
• An innovative approach to developing and achieving key success metrics and demonstrated ability to influence successful outcomes.
• Tech savvy; up on the latest changes in streaming technology and competitive landscape as well as experience working with digital subscription media services.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• MBA Preferred
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations, and drive actions.
• Strengths in problem solving, issue-resolution, ability to work in a deadline-driven work environment, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives.
• Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate new ideas with internal and external partners.
• Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with engineering, design, and project management counterparts to deliver online products/services.