Creative Director, Prime Video
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Creative Director - Amazon Prime Video: Original Series
Amazon Studios is seeking creative, talented and passionate Creative Director to create innovative, stunning and effective marketing experiences that drive viewership of the original programming that we distribute through Amazon Prime Video. The ideal candidate will combine creative inspiration with the ability to create thoughtful, groundbreaking, inspirational creative that will connect with customers across all channels.
• Ideate and develop innovative, stunning and effective 360° marketing experiences that tell stories, visually set style/mood/tone, communicate benefits, and drive viewership of Amazon Prime Video original programming and other marketing initiatives
• Own campaign launches from concept through development to conclusion
• Develop a creative vision and direction that works seamlessly across a 360 creative campaign and execute via internal/external partners to the highest degree possible
• Concept for shoots, guide production choices, direct photographers/talent at shoots, develop assets, organize presentations, oversee retouching/finishing and collaborate with production teams
• Use programs such as Adobe CS and Microsoft Office to create artifacts such as creative briefs, presentation decks, sketches, and comps to communicate concepts and bring ideas to life
• Articulate and sell creative concepts to peers, senior management and Executive Producers
• Solve for business, customer, and stakeholder requirements while building creative that is unique, stunning and effective
• Proactively ideate and define creative deliverables across channels that help drive marketing objectives
• Effectively use insights and testing results to drive creative ideation and creative choices.
• Elevate the creative output of any internal partner or agency/production company vendor to ensure that all marketing assets meet a high level of creativity, innovation and brand association on time and within budget
• Utilize internal/external resources to achieve strategic and operating goals
• Manage highly visible and complex projects that have wide impact across the business and/or spans across multiple teams or platforms
• Effectively direct and manage the development of all creative assets for marketing materials including key art, video, digital, social media, print, merchandising and other assets for a combination of shows with a large degree of autonomy, communicating needs and trade-offs if schedule is at risk
• Approve creative and manage blockers or obstacles in the process
• Identify and implement appropriate process and level of effort to meet business needs
• Facilitate meetings with all levels of management both internal and external
• Allocate, manage and track budgets for creative asset development
• Build strategic relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and communicate/collaborate effectively across teams and functions to achieve high-level outcomes, with lower costs
• Work with cross functional leaders to ensure cohesion of process and brand across internal and external stakeholders
• Proactively work to solve problems and communicate to senior management, and actively seek clarification when there is ambiguity
• Coaches and mentors junior staff
• Communicate with key stakeholders internally (Pods, Marketing, Development/Studio partners, EPs, and entire PV organization at Amazon) and externally (partner agencies) in a spirit of collaboration, building strong relationships with stakeholders, communicating and collaborating effectively, articulating complex issues/problems in an effective manner
• Work with senior leadership to create policies and procedures, best practices that impact the broader department
ABOUT AMAZON STUDIOS
Amazon Studios launched in 2010 as a new way to develop feature films and episodic series-one that's open to great ideas from creators and audiences around the world. Amazon Studios Original Content is available to Prime members and is known for bringing customers the Golden Globe-winning and Emmy-winning series The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Transparent, Goliath and The Man in the High Castle, along with original hits like Tom Clancy's Jack Ryan, The Grand Tour, Sneaky Pete, Fleabag, The Tick, Bosch, Catastrophe, The Romanoffs and sports programming like All or Nothing and Thursday Night Football. Prime members also have access to a collection of Amazon Original series for kids such as Pete the Cat, Wishenpoof, Stinky & Dirty, Just Add Magic, Lost In Oz and American Girl Specials, and multi-Emmy Award-winning Tumble Leaf.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Please provide a URL for your online portfolio in your resume.
• 10 years of creative design experience that encompasses digital, interactive, marketing, and brand design
• A strong portfolio of work showing creative invention and innovation with the ability to articulate big and breakthrough ideas in print, outdoor, social, digital, transmedia, events and experiential that can effectively market
• Understanding of the 4-color printing process and ability to handle press checks
• Strong creative skills, deep knowledge of design and associated tools and principals
• Excellent working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
• Ability to write creative briefs and articulate vision for projects
• Experience working with vendors (i.e. agencies, production companies, artists/illustrators, photographers, retouchers)
• Ability to ideate and creatively problem solve.
• Ability to track budgets on creative projects and negotiate estimates
• Excellent presentation skills and interactive story telling ability
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Proven success in project management and execution across all forms of media, print, social and digital mass media.
• Must be able to multi-task, work in a fast-paced environment and maintain a sharp attention to detail
• Must be proactive and have the ability to work independently but also seamlessly collaborate with groups
• Bachelor's degree
• Entertainment Industry Experience
• Extensive experience in social, digital and transmedia a bonus
• Ability to manage creative teams and inspire great creative
• Creative writing skills
• Media industry experience
• A passion for television and the entertainment industry as a whole
• A thirst for knowledge and a desire to learn (art, design, marketing, photography, fashion, pop culture)
• A desire to drive bar raising creative executions 360 (static, AV, digital, social and experiential)