Corporate Counsel, Studios TV Production
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Studios is making some of the highest quality television programming today and needs a Corporate Counsel for the TV Production team. In this role, you will provide legal support as part of the production legal affairs team, including structuring, drafting and negotiating a wide range of production services agreements and above-the-line agreements for both non-scripted and scripted programming, as well as helping create production guidelines and policies, overseeing script review and clearances and handling other day-to-day production legal matters.
You also will analyze and interpret contracts and provide thoughtful legal advice to the creative, production, and marketing teams on potential risks and regulatory compliance issues in a wide range of legal areas.
• 4 years of legal experience as a transactional attorney
• Juris Doctor from an accredited law school and membership in good standing in at least one state bar
• Experience in television production legal affairs
• A mix of law firm and in-house experience
• Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
• Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
• Strong written and oral communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation