Corporate Counsel, Studios Scripted TV Development
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Studios is seeking a Corporate Counsel in the Scripted TV Development group. In this role, you will handle legal aspects of scripted television development, including structuring, drafting and negotiating a wide range of complicated agreements such as rights option and acquisition agreements, writer agreements, producer agreements, director agreements, production services agreements, and co-production agreements. You will be responsible for all legal matters during the course of development, including evaluating rights issues, confirming chain of title, and advising on guild issues.
You will also analyze and interpret contracts and provide thoughtful legal advice on potential risks and issues in a wide range of legal areas, including intellectual property, digital media and regulatory compliance.
• 4 years of legal experience (with at least two years at a law firm) as a transactional attorney
• Juris Doctor and membership in good standing in at least one state bar is required
• Experience in scripted television development (live-action and/or animation)
• A mix of law firm and in-house experience
• Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
• Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
• Strong written and oral communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.