Corporate Counsel - Studios Marketing and Distribution
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Studios has an opening for an attorney in Santa Monica to handle all legal aspects of feature film and television (scripted or unscripted) marketing, publicity, distribution and ancillary rights. You will be consulting on promotional and other legal matters throughout the life of a series or film, from development and production to post release. You will also support the international distribution of our original content.
You will be required to draft and negotiate a wide variety of contracts including for creative services, media buys, distribution, licensing (in-bound and out-bound). You will also analyze and interpret contracts and provide thoughtful legal advice on potential risks and issues in a wide range of legal areas, including intellectual property, digital media and regulatory compliance (including privacy).
• Minimum of 5 full years of attorney experience (with at least two years at a law firm)
• Experience in television (scripted or unscripted) or feature film marketing or distribution
• Juris Doctor and membership in good standing in at least one state bar is required
• Experience with privacy law
• A mix of law firm and in-house experience
• Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
• Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
• Strong written and oral communication skills
• Strong analytical and computer skills
• Common sense, great judgment, and a good sense of humor
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.