Coordinating Producer, Live Events
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
We are seeking a seasoned creative producer to support the Amazon Studios Live Events Production Team in the creation and management of Live Events. The successful candidate will possess the ability to complete high volumes of complex tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance; react with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround; and efficiently and creatively to solve difficult or complex problems that affect people within the business. This position will report to the Head of Production, Unscripted & Live Events at Amazon Studios.
The candidate will also have great attention to detail and organization skills, as well as the ability to switch gears at a moment's notice. Candidate must plan and manage all aspects of a live production prior to and during a live sports or entertainment event. A high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information and professionalism in dealing with senior professionals inside and outside the company is key.
• Responsible for the creative management and design of specific live events projects in all areas of development and editorial execution including both the live event and surrounding shoulder content
• Meets with sports league representative(s), agents, internal and external producers, production and creative executives in budget and production meetings
• Is on-location when necessary to manage talent, producers, evaluate work-flow and potential problems both domestically and abroad
• Works closely with production companies, 3rdparty producers, post-production teams, and field operations teams to insure a high quality of creative delivery for all required assets
• Work closely with other internal departments in both UK and US such as production, marketing, press, business affairs, legal, finance, product, and live operations teams.
• 7 years experience as a creative producer in broadcast television including working knowledge of location specific production guidelines and procedures
• On-set problem solving ability
• Detailed planning, time management, and organizational skills
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
• Positive can-do attitude with strong initiative and follow through
• Great judgment and common sense
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
• Creative problem-solver and must be able to command production team and on-screen talent
• Live broadcast production and production control room experience required
• Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally for weeks at a time
• Strong knowledge and creative management experience in all forms of live and taped television (e.g., sports, shiny floor competitions, concerts, talk/interview, corporate events, etc.) across all budget levels
• Experience with above-the-line talent and below-the-line unions and guilds
• Wide array of industry contacts
• Experience with asset delivery
• Experience with a variety of digital media workflows and post production workflows for live events
• High attention to detail
• High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information
• Strong awareness of producers, production companies, agents, and other industry players
• Web-savvy: familiar with online live and VOD video environments
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.