Comedy Development Coordinator
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Studios is seeking a dynamic, self-motivated Development Coordinator to support the comedy/half hour department.
The successful candidate will be able to effectively multi-task; have the ability to complete administrative tasks and projects quickly with little to no guidance; react with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround; and efficiently and creatively solve difficult or complex problems that affect people within the group or other related groups. The candidate will also have great attention to detail while still meeting tight deadlines, have great organization skills and have the ability to switch gears at a moment's notice.
Key responsibilities include:
• Create weekly development reports and track metrics.
• Manage complex calendar and scheduling requirements.
• Organize meetings and events.
• Coordinate travel.
• Act as a liaison to other Amazon Studios departments.
• Perform additional administrative tasks as needed.
• Evaluate incoming submissions and the quality of script coverage, and give specific feedback to improve coverage as needed.
• Track talent; manage corresponding grids and lists.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Minimum of two years of experience as an assistant in the Entertainment Industry.
• Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Outlook as well as strong working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and Sharepoint.
• Previous experience as an assistant at an agency, platform/studio or production company encouraged.
• Production experience a plus.
• A positive, proactive approach and able to consistently exercise great judgment.
• Detailed planning, time management and organizational skills.
• High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
• Strong knowledge of industry trends and players, across all media.
• Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Creative problem-solver.
• Web-savvy: familiar with online video environment.
• Ability to work in a rapidly changing environment.
• Strong story skills. Familiarity with crafting creative feedback.