Associate Corporate Counsel, Studios TV
Amazon StudiosSanta Monica, CA
Full Time Job
Amazon Studios is making some of the highest quality television programming today and needs an Associate Corporate Counsel for either the Scripted TV Production or Development Legal Affairs team.
In the production role, you will provide legal support as part of the production legal affairs team, including structuring, drafting, and negotiating a wide range of production services agreements and above-the-line agreements for scripted programming. This position will also involve helping to create production guidelines and policies, overseeing script review and clearances, advising on guild issues, and handling other day-to-day production legal matters.
The TV Development group needs an attorney to handle all legal aspects of scripted television development, including structuring, drafting and negotiating a wide range of complicated agreements such as rights option and acquisition agreements, writer agreements, producer agreements, director agreements, production services agreements, and co-production agreements. You will be responsible for all legal matters during the course of development, including evaluating rights issues and confirming chain of title. You also will analyze and interpret contracts and provide thoughtful legal advice to the creative, production, and marketing teams on potential risks and regulatory compliance issues in a wide range of legal areas, including intellectual property and digital media.
• 2 years of legal experience as a transactional attorney
• Juris Doctor from an accredited law school and membership in good standing in at least one state bar
• Experience in scripted television production or development legal affairs
• A mix of law firm and in-house experience
• Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations
• Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
• Excellent organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
• Strong written and oral communication skills
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation