Senior Manager, Theatre Operations
AFI Silver Theatre and Cultural CenterSilver Spring, MD
Full Time Job
The Senior Manager, Theatre Operations is responsible for establishing and implementing procedures for all theatrical operations, including concessions, product mix and marketing, staffing, point-of-sale operations and reporting facility maintenance needs.
• Manage the daily theater operations and maintain a superior customer quality experience.
• Collaborate with the Technical Operations Manager to ensure a level of excellence in all areas of AFI Silver exhibition activities.
• Manage the front-of-house financial operations, including cash management and controls.
• Manage the point-of-sale, loyalty and ticketing system, and develop a superior understanding of the system and its capabilities.
• Manage the theater operations staffing, which includes recruitment, training, scheduling, hiring and implementation of AFI employee policies and procedures.
• Order and maintain inventory for concessions food, beverage and other products.
• Create and manage weekly schedules, analyzing staffing needs and coordinating staffing plan with appropriate departments (e.g. Technical Operations, Events, Advancement, etc.).
• Collaborate with the Programming Director to ensure the Theater Managers are updated on all programming communications, including changes to film screening and event schedules.
• Complete and submit bi-weekly payroll for hourly staff.
• Oversee and maintain inventory control systems.
• Act as the lead person on addressing patron and guest concerns and/or complaints.
• Establish relationships with maintenance companies to ensure proper service for all equipment in concession and café areas.
• Supervise, train, and mentor all Theater Managers and Team Members to maintain a superior customer experience.
• Supervise the day porter/janitorial staff and work with appropriate Montgomery County representatives to ensure proper maintenance of public spaces.
• Collaborate with the union shop steward to address minor grievances as necessary.
• Serve as Theater Manager as necessary.
• Perform other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Minimum three years experience in theater or arts venue management with a strong history of managing staff, box office and concessions operations.
• Experience with ticketing and point-of-sale software.
• Knowledge of digital projection and cinema software systems is very helpful.
• Strong leadership, time management and multi-tasking skills, coupled with the ability to work independently and with minimal supervision.
• Strong skills in examining operations and procedures, formulating policy and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to convey complex concepts and procedures in simplistic terms.
• Proven project management skills with the ability to take a project from conception through completion with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work independently while being an integral member of a high-functioning team.
• Excellent computer skills with expertise in Microsoft Word and Excel in a Mac environment.
• Possess a positive and professional attitude with the ability to work as a member of a high-energy, results oriented team.
• Strong diplomacy skills and professionalism are mandatory; this includes the ability to maintain complete confidentiality and discretion at all times.
• Ability to work calmly under pressure.
• Personal integrity and the ability to inspire confidence and trust.
• Must be able to work some evenings, weekends and holidays.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online