Acorn TVWashington, DC
Full Time Job
Love Television? Love Publicity? This is the job for you! We're looking for a new Senior Publicist to work with the VP, Publicity and Publicity Coordinator to pitch Acorn TV, North America's largest streaming service for high-quality British and international television, which is now in more than 40 countries and commissions (Agatha Raisin, London Kills) and co-produces (Keeping Faith, Agatha Christie's The Witness for the Prosecution) its own series as well as licenses global hits like Doc Martin, Miss Fisher, Line of Duty, Jack Irish, Manhunt, and A Place to Call Home.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Primary focus is to pitch, follow-up and secure reviews, mentions, features, interviews, and/or trailer/clip placements with international and domestic media;
- Assist with the management of external, international PR agencies
- Assist with awards submissions for Acorn TV's commissions and co-productions;
- Oversee, maintain, and develop strong relationships with our current media list as well as make new contacts; Respond to press inquiries in timely and friendly manner;
- Research and write effective pitches; Arrange and facilitate interviews with actors and media;
- As well as some administrative duties, including preparing screener mailings
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum five years experience pitching and securing press coverage, ideally at an entertainment/media company/agency;
- Provide examples of media placements secured;
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in a marketing/publicity-related field;
- Enjoys watching television and has experience using streaming service(s); interest in British and international television a plus;
- Highly motivated; a self-starter with the ability to multi-task, work independently, and meet strict deadlines;
- Passionate about publicity;
- Superb organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail;
- Strong proof reading/editing skills, including English usage, grammar and spelling;
- Excellent written communications skills; provide writing sample, ideally press release
- Superb people skills to collaborate and effectively communicate with talent, media, colleagues, and members of Strong computer skills, including MS Office and database programs; experience with Photoshop and video editing software a plus;
The position is based in Silver Spring, MD just outside Washington, DC.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will allow resumes sent in the body of the email OR as an attachment. Apply Online