Department Assistant, Member Relations and Awards
Academy of Motion Picture Arts and SciencesBeverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
The Assistant will provide administrative support to Member Relations and Awards Management, including:
• Respond to basic questions concerning category rules, submission requirements, and member requirements.
• Prepare, proofread and edit a variety of documents for accuracy, proper formatting, and spelling to ensure consistent output.
• Answer the department's incoming calls, handling general questions about entries and rules pertaining to the awards and membership.
• Ensure that all paper files, electronic records, and databases are appropriately maintained.
• Support management with schedules, travel arrangements and a variety of meetings.
• Assist in credit data entry and arrange delivery of media content.
• Compile information for nomination and new members announcements.
• Assist with special event coordination.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Experience in an administrative role supporting one or more Associate Directors or above.
• Proficiency with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel), Filemaker Pro, and CRM.
• Outstanding communication skills is a must, both verbal and written.
• Ability to work independently and cooperatively with staff while maintaining a positive attitude in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
• Ability to take direction and ask questions when needed while multitasking and prioritizing to meet deadlines.
• A High level of maturity and discretion in handling confidential information.
• Availability to work some nights and weekends as needed, at times on short notice.
• Use of personal automobile may be required; must have and maintain a valid driver's license.