Academy of Motion Picture Arts and SciencesBeverly Hills, CA
Full Time Job
The Member Relations and Awards department seeks a dedicated and resourceful individual to serve as the Communications Coordinator in support of the Academy's overall mission to connect members around the world. The Communications Coordinator assists in a wide range of office operations through high-level communication and service to members, staff and the general public and shares responsibilities with department staff in handling heavy phone and email inquiries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Be the lead in coordinating membership-related e-blasts with IT and Communications.
• Keep a schedule and task list on all member related communications.
• Work with manager to create a strategic approach to member communications.
• Liaison with other departments including the archive, library, programming and the Museum for all member touchpoints by creating a systematic approach to member outreach.
• Be the primary check on member related content on the website in coordination with our New York and London offices, IT and Communications.
• Coordinate the new member submissions for annual review.
• Respond to daily member queries.
• Assist with Awards-related activities.
• Work with IT to improve CRM data integrity and assist with CRM data maintenance.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Bachelor's degree or higher in communications, film studies or related field.
• Extensive knowledge in motion picture history and the current industry is preferred.
• Minimum of two-years-experience managing client data within a database.
• Intermediate to advanced experience in Microsoft Excel is required.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Microsoft Dynamics CRM is preferred.
• Exceptional phone, verbal and writing skills.
• Experience in problem solving and critical thinking.
• Ability to work effectively under supervision, as well as independently.
• Ability to work in a collaborative manner with colleagues, administrators and members while maintaining a positive attitude.
• Ability to effectively set ongoing priorities and balance multiple projects in a fast-paced environment while meeting deadlines and maintaining strict attention to detail.
• Ability to work and handle long hours during seasonal, high pressure times.