Abrams Garfinkel Margolis Bergson, LLPBurbank, CA
Full Time Job
AGMB is looking for an entertainment attorney with production experience to join the firm as an associate in its Los Angeles office. The individual will act as counsel for various production companies, talent, and other clients. The individual will have exposure to all aspects of the entertainment industry, such as unscripted/reality, documentary-style, and scripted television, feature length films, digital and other audiovisual projects, and music. Further, the candidate will also assist other associates, partners, and clients with non-entertainment related issues, such as corporate formation and preparation of corporate documents, business transactions, employment matters, and other legal issues that arise.
Job Duties Include:
• Draft and negotiate above and below-the-line agreements for film, television and other audiovisual projects.
• Review, draft, and negotiate development agreements, such as rights acquisition agreements (e.g., options, shopping agreements), co-production agreements, etc.
• Draft and negotiate production contracts and releases, including talent and participant agreements, materials releases, guest appearance releases, and location releases.
• Assist clients with clearance of their projects, including: (i) drafting and negotiating licensing agreements with respect to use of third party content, (ii) conducting fair use analyses and if necessary, preparing corresponding fair use letters for insurance, and (iii) conducting review of creative decks, footage, episodes, and films to advise on levels of risk related to copyright, trademark, defamation, invasion of privacy, violation of publicity rights, and other potential legal claims.
• Assist clients with union/guild (e.g., SAG-AFTRA, DGA, WGA, IATSE, etc.) matters and related issues.
• Review and negotiate sales agent and distribution agreements; assist clients with distribution-related issues.
• Negotiate and draft non-disclosure agreements, service agreements, employment, and other ordinary course-of-business contracts.
• Preferably has at least two (2) - four (4) years of experience at an entertainment law firm, network, studio, distribution company, or production company, specifically including production legal experience on television series, films and/or digital projects.
• Unscripted, documentary and reality production legal experience is preferred.
• Strong academic credentials from an ABA-accredited law school and New York or California Bar admission.
• Exposure to and an understanding of matters relating to intellectual property, particularly copyright law.
• Ability to handle a high volume of work and to work independently with minimal supervision.
• A positive, tenacious and energetic can-do attitude.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Zealous attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• An excellent work ethic and commitment to professionalism.
• Must be willing to take ownership of projects and think proactively.
• Analytical, problem-solving, negotiation, strategic thinking, and legal reasoning skills.
• Strong project management, time management, and long-term planning skills.
AGMB represents clients who seek the sophistication of a large law firm coupled with the personal attention and responsiveness of a small firm, all bundled in a cost-conscious, result-focused package. We work with a vast array of individuals and businesses, including entertainment companies, performing artists, writers, directors, producers, start-up and middle market companies, trade organizations, tech companies, insurance companies, personal services firms, hedge funds, wholesalers, distributors, transportation companies, product manufacturers banking institutions, real estate developers, cooperatives and condominiums, and law firms.
We offer a friendly and stimulating team-oriented professional environment. If you meet the above qualifications and thrive in a professional, fast-paced environment, we invite you to apply. Deadline for submission is August 3, 2018.
Please note that EntertainmentCareers.Net uses 'disposable' email addresses in our postings. They change frequently so do not post the contact information outside of EntertainmentCareers.Net as it will likely be invalid.
Employer will only allow resumes sent as an attachment.
Do not send in the body of the email. Apply Online