Social Media Editor - PH
ABCNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Social Media Editor - PH (ABC Localish)
ABC Localish is seeking a full-time Social Media Editor to help our brand highlight the good that is happening in cities across America.
Localish is ABC/Disney's new media brand that seeks to bring out the good in cities across America. Good food. Good people. Goode living. Our TV and digital storytelling is locally sourced, but transcended city limits. Localish reaches over 18 million followers across ABC social platforms, 14 million households across ABC TV stations in major markets, and millions of travelers on the go in over 150 airport TV screens across the country.
We are looking for a highly creative social media strategist to manage our brand's social media presence and voice across all social and ABC owned platforms. The ideal candidate should have a discerning editorial eye and a knack for shaping daily content into exciting and informative stories for our audience. You should also have a deep understanding of social media trends and have experience using analytics to develop and implement social media strategies that lead to measured growth.
This is a project position and is anticipated to last one year.
• Oversee optimization and manage daily publishing of video content across all platforms (social and ABC owned sites)
• Ideate and implement platform-specific strategies to increase Localish's social following across platforms
• Build, manage, and maintain daily content updates for Localish.com, each Localish show page (Bite Size, Secretly Awesome, etc.), and across the ABC app and all OTT platforms.
• Write engaging copy in Localish's brand voice
• Capture and use data and analytics management and reporting across all social platforms to optimize strategy in response to data feedback
• Track new and emerging social media platforms and tools
• 2 years of experience managing social media accounts
• Experience working within a CMS and/or other enterprise collaboration software
• Experience writing optimized and engaging social media copy, including writing headlines and social language, and selecting images to maximize social reach potential
• Strong knowledge of the latest social media technologies and best practices
• Some experience with data analytics and the ability to make decisions based on data
• Digital newsroom experience
• Voracious consumer of media content, specifically in the lifestyle and news space
• Experience with video production and image editing
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
About Walt Disney Television:
Walt Disney Television (WDT) redefines the future of media and entertainment. Delivering compelling creative, great storytelling, ground-breaking technology, high-impact marketing and innovative distribution, WDT offers multiple opportunities to build a career that supports entertaining and informing the world. A key unit of The Walt Disney Company, one of the world's most admired vertically integrated media enterprises, WDT includes global live action and animation entertainment, news, owned television stations, and radio. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney's stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ABC, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Walt Disney Television.
ABC, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.