Vice President Publicity, Lifetime
A+E NetworksLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Vice President Publicity, Lifetime
A E Networks has an amazing VP of Publicity opportunity in Los Angeles for the premier network for women, Lifetime.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Vice President Publicity, Lifetime:
• The seasoned professional will lead and manage the consumer publicity efforts of the communications team to guide the publicity strategy for the channel's slate of programming ranging from scripted series, unscripted series, movies and specials.
• The VP of Publicity would co-manage a bicoastal team of publicists while driving innovation, positioning and results to maximize exposure for all Lifetime projects and priorities.
• The position will also work with the trade press in the positioning of the network.
• The individual will also manage publicity efforts for high-profile projects, lead all talent relations efforts, event management and activations for Lifetime projects and create and execute communications systems for optimum awareness, internally and externally.
• The position will also oversee awards strategy, editorial coverage and submissions for the brand.
• The position also will help manage the budget for the department.
• The ideal candidate is a fast-moving, strategic thinker with extensive media relations, prior experience managing a team, and the ability to collaborate across the company.
• The position requires a big-picture mindset and history of proven success in executing high-profile communications initiatives and creativity in using new tactics and tools to communicate internally and externally.
• This position must deal with crisis communications and will be a senior leader in the department in making major decisions.
• This position reports to the Senior Vice President of Publicity and Public Affairs in Los Angeles.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll be immersed in a supportive environment with a highly efficient and collaborative team where any challenge is seen as an opportunity to rise the occasion.
• Must have at minimum of 10 years of experience in entertainment publicity, preferably in television.
• Must have prior experience managing a team and the ability to collaborate across the company.
• Strong contacts and excellent relationships with key media and influencers across consumer and trade press in print, digital, and broadcast platforms.
• Ability to help shape the narrative for a dynamic, multiplatform brand.
• Highly collaborative, flexible and adaptable, with strong diplomatic and influencing skills.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills and history drafting speeches/remarks for senior management, as well as briefing documents and releases.
• A track record of rolling out creative and innovative communications campaigns.
• Ability to lead a team and work cross-functionally across different company divisions and with outside partners.
• Autonomously develops press opportunities and often works with sensitive and confidential matters.
• Educational Requirements BA/BS Degree
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
''THE DIVISION'S STORY
Here in Corporate Communications, we believe in the importance of personal touch, and we value every consumer and their experience with us equally. We are the wordsmiths, problem solvers and occasional fire wardens of our industry, charged with finding the right platform for the right story. Through our tenacity, charm and ability to work collaboratively, we play a defining role in influencing how our viewers, product consumers and employees perceive and interact with the A E Networks brand.