Vice President Post Production
A+E NetworksLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Vice President of Post Production
The Vice President of Post Production for A E Studios will be responsible for overseeing and managing the day to day post related operations on all A E Studios Productions throughout the year in order to continue to grow and support the volume of shows A E Studios produces. The Vice President of Post Production will report to the Senior Vice President of Production & Post Production of A E Studios to ensure that all AES productions are delivered to the highest creative and technical standards possible in premium TV today.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Vice President of Post Production:
• Create, Review & Approve Post Budgets & Schedules for new and existing shows, including: pilots, series, movies and mini-series.
• Read and break down any pitches, concepts, outlines and scripts to inform Creative and Production of the required Post Production auspices of each project.
• Manage the technical setup and post workflows on each project such as camera capture, master delivery & final archive.
• Set up dailies workflow for each show and manage access for each project from dailies through rough cuts and final delivery.
• Oversee the Post Production facility/vendor support on each project, including getting competitive bids, negotiating contracts and engaging a company's services for each project. Services include but not limited to: avids, dailies processing, post finishing, mixing and VFX.
• Research Editorial & Post Production candidates for each production then negotiate and close deals for all necessary staff for each production.
• Serve as a Key Liaison between, Creative Executives (Studio & Network) and the Editorial Team to ensure information/developments/notes on cuts, schedules, deadlines, and budgets are addressed in a timely manner.
• Interact with the Network Operations Team in NY and CT to ensure all AES productions are being delivered in accordance with the A E Network's respective delivery requirements.
• Work closely with the International Distribution & Sales Teams to help review and negotiate deals for Internationals & SVOD deals to ensure that all necessary deliverables are able to be produced and delivered as required in each deal.
• Interact with various departments at A E Studios on various matters as they pertain to AES Productions, namely: Marketing, Publicity, Research, Business Affairs, Music, Casting, Anti-Piracy and Domestic & International Distribution.
• Review & Approve Time Cards, Purchase Orders, Invoices, EFCs, Hot Costs and Final Cost Reports for all AES productions.
• Review & Approve Credits on an episodic/show by show basis before titling sessions to ensure accuracy and correct billing is given for all above and below the line talent and crew.
• The ideal candidate will have a four-year college degree with 10 years' experience in a similar role. We are seeking someone that has extensive experience working in production/post production either in broadcast or cable. The successful candidate will possess the following:
• Highly organized leader and team player who successfully operates in a team-oriented setting.
• Strong communication, judgment and people skills.
• Strong writing skills as well as the ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
• In depth understanding of all areas of Post Production including: Camera Capture, Technical Set up & Workflows, Online, Color Timing, Titling, ADR, Mixing, Scoring and Visual Effects.
• Proficiency in the following technology/software: Mac and PC; Picture editing and finishing in both Final Cut Pro and Avid; Movie Magic budgeting and scheduling systems; 4K work flow, QuickTime & FTP Programs. Software: Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook.
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
''THE DIVISON'S STORY
A E Networks is not in the television business. It's in the storytelling business. Our job is to bring consumers new ways to experience those stories. We get up every day excited to discover new talent, narratives and characters, and live for any chance to shepherd a great idea through development to air.