Summer Intern - Legal and Business Affairs
A+E NetworksLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
Summer Internship 2019- Legal and Business Affairs (Los Angeles)
THE ROLE: Summer Internship 2019- Legal and Business Affairs (Los Angeles)
We currently have an exciting internship opportunity in the Legal & Business Affairs (L&BA) Group in Los Angeles, which serves as the back-bone of the company, supporting A E Network's global media and entertainment distribution business. You will have an opportunity to gain a bird's-eye view and 360-degree experience in L&BA learning negotiations, drafting, risk assessment, analytical research, litigation, business development, networking, and other legal skills.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Summer Internship 2019- Legal and Business Affairs (Los Angeles):
You will have an opportunity to assist in researching, analyzing, negotiating and drafting various types of agreements related to the development and production of original programming, including rights deals, writer, producer, director and actor agreements, as well as various distribution agreements. You will have the opportunity to work on above-the-line labor issues and help resolve guild claims. By interacting with various internal clients that L&BA supports, you will learn business relationship management and risk assessment from various lenses, including but not limited to, development, production, distribution, and litigation.
Examples of major responsibilities include:
• Drafting basic contracts (under attorney supervision) involving the development and production of television pilots, series and MOWs.
• Reviewing and summarizing key deal points.
• Performing chain of title research.
• Reviewing and summarizing marketing and publicity requirements in talent contracts.
• Graduate student currently enrolled at an accredited college/university and legally eligible to work in the U.S. may apply.
• Excellent research and analytical writing skills, with an ability to propose creative solutions
• Passion and curiosity for entertainment and television business on a global scale
• Strong communication and organization skills, with a positive and proactive mind-set
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
THE DIVISON'S STORY
Much like medieval knights, our Legal and Business Affairs team protects the livelihood of the kingdom. We're the forgers of iron-clad contracts, overseers of content production and defenders of intellectual property rights. Given the competitive nature of our industry, collaboration and attention to detail are traits we highly prize, and you should value and match those attributes. Also, you should have a POV and enjoy staying tuned in to new commercial developments.