Summer Intern - Digital Audience Development
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Unpaid Internship
A E Networks is seeking an ambitious, eager-to-learn intern to join the Digital Audience Development team. The role will report directly into the Associate Manager, Digital Audience Development and learn how to manage a digital marketing campaign from start to finish.
With specific focus on HISTORY, A&E, Lifetime and Biography brands, this individual will assist in working with internal teams and external partners to identify and execute marketing campaigns cross-brand to grow and retain audiences across our digital platforms. He or she will be responsible for assisting in creating marketing plans, creative briefs, drafting copy, and analyzing reporting for each of our campaigns. This individual will also help to write push notifications driving audiences to watch shows across our mobile apps. He or she will also assist in acquiring new users and retaining current subscribers for our two subscription video on demand products – SVOD – HISTORY Vault and Lifetime Movie Club.
In addition to the above day-to-day tasks, this individual will be asked to conduct a competitive research project to present to all internal partners at the end of the summer. He or she will be asked to identify and analyze our competitors' presence within the app stores (Apple & Google Play), compile his or her findings in a presentation, and provide recommendations on how we should change/adapt our apps to stay competitive in an ever-changing marketplace.
What qualifications/skills will the intern need?
• Rising junior or senior currently enrolled at an accredited college/university and legally eligible to work in the U.S. may apply.
• Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) are strongly preferred
• An interest in working in marketing/media/TV
• Strong interpersonal skills to work with different individuals and teams throughout the company
• A willingness and strong desire to learn