Summer Intern - A E Studios
A+E NetworksLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Unpaid Internship
2018 Summer Interns- A E Studios (Creative Affairs)
A E Studios' Creative Affairs team is seeking a Summer Intern who is excited to learn about and experience the television production process from a Studio perspective. A E Studios is responsible for creating scripted programming for the networks under the A E Networks brand, and outside networks. The selected candidate will work with the Studios' Creative Affairs team as they follow the production of scripted programming from start to finish. We're seeking an ambitious Intern to support the team with various day-to-day administrative tasks, as well as:
• Observe the A E Studios executives and staff as they make creative, financial, and production-based decisions.
• Learn the production process from development of a script through completion of production. Includes attending internal meetings and reviewing creative and production documents.
• Read and review incoming material (scripts, books, articles formats), write coverage, maintain submission logs, view dailies and rough cuts, and listen in on notes calls.
• Conduct research pertaining to current, development, and potential projects, including identifying other areas of interest for development.
• Prepare and maintain the department's Current and Development reports and writer and director staffing lists.
• Shadow Coordinators to learn about all administrative tasks associated with supporting Studio Executives and provide desk coverage for Coordinators as needed.
• Work collaboratively or independently as needed.
• Possess exceptional organizational skills, proper phone etiquette, and a professional attitude.
Qualification Requirements Junior, senior or graduate students who are currently enrolled at an accredited college/university and legally eligible to work in the U.S. may apply. Should an opportunity be extended to you, you will be required to submit verification of your legal right to work in the U.S. at the time of your arrival. Student must have a demonstrated interest in the industry and/or specific area of interest (i.e., marketing), as exemplified through past work experience, internships and/or major course of study and preferably a GPA of 3.0 or higher. Company Overview: A E Networks®, LLC. is an award-winning, global media content company offering consumers a diverse communications environment ranging from television networks to websites, gaming, watch apps and educational software as well as SVOD products, including first-to-market Apps such as HISTORY Vault and Lifetime Movie Club. A E Networks is comprised of A&E®, Lifetime®, History®, LMN®, FYI™, VICELAND, H2™, A E Studios™, History en Espanol™, Crime Investigation™, Military History™, Lifetime Real Women®, A&E IndieFilms®, A E Networks International®, A E Networks Digital® and A E Networks Consumer Products™. A E Networks channels and branded programming reach more than 335 million households in over 200 territories and 39 languages. A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation. A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans.