A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
THE ROLE: Staff Accountant
Produce accurate and timely financial tracking, reporting and payment of AETN activities in regard to programming, production, network operations and other derivative contractual obligations.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
Production and Net Ops:
• Prepare journal entries for Programming, Production, & Net-ops including barter revenue, accruals, recurring, and reclasses. Prepare SVP and Controller review reports.
• Prepare various analysis and reconciliations. Coordinate and analyze BCM cases for the departments supported
• Responsible for all aspects of network P&L's including On Air Report, Premiere Report, properly recording amortization in PPA, preparing P&L and variance analysis.
• Prepare General Ledger reconciliation to Computron.
• Prepare reports and pay residuals based on runs and revenue earned
• PPA maintenance, PAC approvals, gather information for auditors, filing, and various administrative duties.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to innovate and learn. You will learn. You will not be alone. You'll have an opportunity to build transformational financial solutions & supporting core areas of business. Also, you'll be able to seek out new strategies and implement them where they make sense. In addition, you'll be able to build & manage strong relationships of cross functional partners that understand our business and are eager to push the envelope wherever possible. Finally, you'll be exposed to various A E departments and stakeholders to learn the goals, needs and direction so you can become a trusted partner.
YOUR STORY: [ BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• BS or BA Accounting
• Experience with Microsoft Office suite especially Excel
• Familiar with Accounting software
• Detail oriented, concerned about being accurate
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of database software, database management experience
• Some work with contracts and interpretation of contractual terms
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:\nIf you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.
THE DIVISON'S STORY
Most people don't realize the importance of the Finance department in keeping our business operating without hitches and delays. That's probably because we oversee many of the more quietly glamorous, back-office functions that drive our bottom line. We not only forecast, build and manage budgets, we also collect and analyze important data that helps leadership make the best decisions. All of this sounds exciting to you because you love numbers and spreadsheets, and especially love great entertainment.