Sr. Network Engineer
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
''THE DIVISON'S STORY
Named in honor of our leader's favorite car, GTO comprises a wide range of operations, production and technology roles. We are responsible for the whole value chain of content. This is where we produce, broadcast and distribute content, manage media assets and run the tech infrastructure for the whole company. We live on the forefront of technology, nurturing new solutions in tech incubators before improving the user experience of our customers, consumers and colleagues. Interested in Big Data? AR? VR? Or another emerging technology. If your idea helps grow our business, we are eager to work with you to test and learn. Join us as we set the standard for our industry.
MORE ABOUT WHAT YOU'LL DO:
We want all members of the team to show up every day with a passion for their job and care that it gets done well. We will want you to partner with the business and fellow technologists to make sure we are delivering best-of-class solutions that can make a real impact on our end users' day-to-day jobs. You should be able to work autonomously to manage your projects, while delivering on-time and on-budget, as well as:
• Own the day-to-day operations, enhancing, supporting, and engineering for A E's global network infrastructure
• Lead a team of onsite and offshore engineers to build and support a high performing but stable environment, with automation and innovation, software-defined solutions, and cloud technologies
• Perform hands-on technical work on escalated Network Engineering matters; refer major hardware and/or software issues or defective product issues to vendors or department Management for service
• Participate in service management processes including but not limited to: incident management, major problem reviews, change management, and continual improvement
• Interact with technical leaders to develop innovative solutions that meet company and market needs with respect to availability, functionality, performance, reliability, repeatability, and scalability.
• Analyze business and technical requirements to determine system designs, potential risks and issues, and related costs for each project request, all based on best practices
• Research, experiment with, and inform on network related emerging technologies and tooling to improve the operability and user experience.
WHAT YOU'LL LEARN:
The Technology team at A E Networks is dedicated to finding ways to improve our business processes and work experience by innovating solutions. We care about the quality of our work, we take risks and we take ownership. We strive to work as a team, utilizing each other's strengths, doing what needs to be done and picking each other up as needed.
On our team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with colleagues and engineers from across the enterprise. They will draw on your experience and strong knowledge to evolve and improve our existing networking and collaboration services. We're hooked on researching new technologies and keeping up with the latest advances. We constantly push forward processes and solutions required to implement, support, transform, and otherwise maintain the enterprise networking and communication environments. Everyone on our team has both the breadth and depth to dissect and resolve even the most complex of problems. In the spirit of pushing things forward, we are undergoing a multi-year network redesign initiative, transforming applications and services to the cloud, as well as unifying communication and collaboration (UCaaS).
YOUR STORY: [ BEHAVIORS] (what you need to have)
• Bachelor's Degree (CS, CIS, BA) from an accredited college or university or equivalent job / career experience.
• Five (5) years of experience planning, engineering, building, and implementing network systems Experience with a variety of networking hardware vendors including but not limited to Netscaler, Radware and Cisco
• Cisco certification (any two) is a plus – CCNA/CCNP/CCDA/CCDP
• Experience with Cisco routers, Cisco switches, MPLS networks, IPsec VPN configuration, SSLVPN configuration.
• Experience with VoIP (CUCM / Skype for Business) telephony systems using SBC gateway and SIP trunks is a plus
• Experience with SNMP-based network monitoring system
• Extensive knowledge of enterprise level, Cisco controller based wireless networks
• Strong knowledge of routing and switching concepts and technologies (OSPF, BGP, PIM, EIGRP)
• Working experience with Palo Alto firewalls, load balancers, and web proxies
• Proven ability to troubleshoot complex issues related to hardware and software networking L2 and L3 engineering support
• Experience with AWS and/or Azure is preferred
• Working knowledge of AWS Direct Connect, Azure Express Route, and Cloud Exchange providers a plus
• Working knowledge of AWS VPCs (Virtual Private Cloud) extendable networks a plus
• Programming experience in network automation, SD-Networking, and performance management a plus
THAT SOMETHING EXTRA:
If you've read this far, you're likely a great fit for us…and maybe you're fluent in sign language, have studied the circus arts or are currently writing a screenplay. If you have a special skill or backstory that might directly or indirectly help you succeed in this role, we'd love to hear about it in your cover letter.