Sr. Manager / Manager, Advertising and Distribution Financial Planning
A+E NetworksNew York, NY
Full Time Job
This position will oversee financial planning and analysis for all ad sales and affiliate distribution activities domestically, in Canada and the Caribbean. This position will also be responsible for the evaluation of a broad range of strategic and financial initiatives across both ad sales and distribution to drive growth. This role will require extensive multi-disciplinary coordination across departments to hone analysis and drive results.
Financial Planning & Analysis, Ad Sales and Distribution (70%)
Create financial models to support annual budgets, five-year plans and quarterly reforecasts for advertising and distribution revenue. Analysis will factor in macro economic factors, knowledge of industry trends, feedback from internal stakeholders and real-time pacing data (inventory/ratings for ad sales and MVPD billings for affiliate). Distribute weekly pacing reports. Coordinate with general accounting team on the timing and format of certain analyses.
Strategic Planning (15%)
Work with ad sales and distribution team management to maximize revenue for A E Networks. Work closely with Ad Sales/Distribution management to assist in the development of near term and long-range business strategies that drive incremental profitability. Evaluate ad-hoc business related questions/ issues and communicate the results effectively verbally and through written presentations. Drive incremental revenues through strategic enhancements, analytical support and improved deal structures. Help drive synergies across other business units within A E (International/Digital).
Partner Relations, Industry and Competitive Research (15%)
Maintain comprehensive resource of industry projections, competitive benchmarks and data. Keep senior management informed on emerging industry trends and their potential impacts on A E. Work collaboratively across departments to minimize duplication of activities.
Qualification Requirements Specialized or technical knowledge & skills:
• Advanced Excel modeling, Powerpoint– best practices in modeling, data organization and formatting
• Understands accounting and financial principles
• Comfortable working with large amounts of data
• High energy, detail oriented and a critical thinker
Kind and length of experience:
• 4-6 years of prior work experience in media/television
• Creating financial models, and performing strategic analyses
Managerial or interpersonal skills:
• Proven track record in strategy and business development
• Superior strategic skills that provide business insight and support decision-making processes
• Familiarity with media/entertainment businesses, including distribution and ad sales
• Ability to combine strong quantitative skills with excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to communicate complex ideas and data sets graphically in an effective way
• Excellent analytical, financial modeling and research skills
• Excellent project management skills
• Superior attention to detail
Educational Requirements BS/BA in economics, finance, accounting or a related field Other Skills and Knowledge Desired (not essential):
-MBA with prior focus on media/television
-Financial planning & analysis, strategic planning
-Familiarity with SAP
-Takes initiative and is a self-starter
-Ability to lead a project from inception and managing work with minimal supervision
-Ability to work well with a variety of business partners and diverse stakeholders
-Familiarity with working in or with large organizations
A E Networks, LLC. is a joint venture of Disney-ABC Television Group and Hearst Corporation.
A E Networks is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans